Oasis faq

Just returned from Oasis and thought I would try to answer some FAQ's. I am also attaching some embarkation, Ocean Adventure, and drink card documents.

We sailed in a suite so got the perks that go along. We traveled with two adults children and two young granddaughters.

Cabins were not open until 1:00 PM. Some luggage was already there other pieces could be seen a few cabins down the hall. Ocean Adventure was open for viewing. Registration was 4:30 - 5:30 and then drop off started at 8:00 PM. We used it several times and the GD really loved it. If you drop off prior to a set time they will take them to the WJ for meals. We tried to get an in room baby sitter one night with no luck. Not even the concierge could get us one.

Food places open at Embarkation, Dog House, Johnny Rockets, Sabor, Giovanni's, Park Cafe, Solarium, WJ, and Wipe Out.

Drink cards went on sale Day 3 at 10 for $79. Buckets of beer were "buy 5 for the price of 4" and the cooler bag was also on sale. I think it was $39 and re-fills were $25. I can't recall how many beers you got.

Do you need a passport? Nope not even a birth certificate. Well not exactly. Kids had two passports stolen from a "locked" locker at the Atlantis. It had to be somebody with the master code and nobody at the hotel really cared. They got one adult and one kids passport, cel phone, two seapass cards, and expensive sun glasses. Kids had locked the stuff up while doing the dolphin experience and when they came back the locker was empty.

Atlantis could care less. However, the ship security was very helpfull. We thought clearing with CBP coming back in would be an issue. But it wasn't. DIL only had her drivers license. The CBP officer asked if she had a BC, which she didn't. We had the PP numbers that our TA had Emailed me, but the officer didn't care. He just waived them through and said make sure you report it. Bottom line I wouldn't travel without a PP, but if it's lost/stolen it's not something to worry

over. BTW: "yes" we did have the discussion about "WHY" they took in on shore (they don't travel much).

Costa Maya we went to Maya Chan. I highly recommend it and if you just google it you will see why. Only downside is the drive out there, which is pretty rough the last 10-15 minutes. But nothing the resort can do about that.

Loved the comedy show and almost everybody in the standby line got in for the 7:30 PM show.

If you have a questions maybe I can answer.

BTW: keep getting error messages when trying to upload pdf files. Any suggestions?

Quick question from a new cruiser. We took a cruise on Oasis last year and upon arrival to our stateroom we found a bottle of wine, as well as 2 glasses as a complimentary gift according to our stateroom attendant. After sailing again this past September we did not receive it. Did they offer that in the past along with the 2 bottles of water and discontinue it or was it just good luck :). Not complaining because Oasis and Mexico were great!

Quick question from a new cruiser. We took a cruise on Oasis last year and upon arrival to our stateroom we found a bottle of wine, as well as 2 glasses as a complimentary gift according to our stateroom attendant. After sailing again this past September we did not receive it. Did they offer that in the past along with the 2 bottles of water and discontinue it or was it just good luck :). Not complaining because Oasis and Mexico were great!

The gift of wine is not (and has not been) a usual gift for those guests under the D+ level in the loyalty program. Guessing it was from a travel agent, friend, or you just got lucky.