Comparision

halj

My wife and I are looking at a Danube Cruise in summer/fall 2005 but were wondering which line is the best. I inderstand Peter Deillman has won awards from Conde Nast but how are the rest? Inquiring minds want to know.

Hi We just booked an Avalon River Cruise...(it's a new line begun by Globus the well established land tour company)...and we've never done it before, but size of the cabins were impressive since my husband is 6' 7". you can read the itineraries and check the ammenities on line at their website...We were impressed and they have a good deal going if you book by Sept. 30...Check out the comments/reviews on this board by going to A-O and click on "other lines"...go to their website and send for a brochure. Hope this helps...Carmela

• 3 months later...
We just got back from the Viking Pride Danube Xmas cruise. This was our first time with Viking; we were previously on Peter Deilman's Cassanova on the Po River. While the Viking cruise was certainly extremely enjoyable, and would have no problem booking another Viking cruise, I would have to say that we liked the Deilman cruise better-- I thought that the food was better on Deilman, the cabins were nicer, and I rather enjoyed the more "international" feel of the ship. While Viking claims they're a 5-star, I'd rate them more of a solid 4-star-- certainly nice, but Deilman was much nicer. In fact we're booked on a Deilman later this spring. Either way you choose, the itinerary is terrific!

Archived