Poa 10/13/12

BURNSMN

Just back from 10/13/12 Pride of America Cruise. Will follow with detailed review but thought I would post daily itinerary of what we did first.

Friday-Honolulu

Airport Transfers to Waikiki by Johnny Cab.

Hotel-Outrigger Reef on Waikiki.

Saturday-Honolulu

Waikiki Beach

Transfer to POA by Johnny Cab.

Sunday-Maui

Car Rental Shuttle to Budget.

Beach day in Wailea-Ulua Beach & Wailea Shops

Ioa Valley on way back to ship.

Rental car overnight park at mall near ship.

Monday-Maui

Pacific Whale Foundation Snorkel to Molokini and Lanai.

Return car and shuttle back to ship.

Tuesday-Hilo

Big Aina Tour to Volcanoes National Park, Rainbow Falls, Akaka Falls, Orchid Farm, Mauna Loa Macadamia.

Wednesday-Kona

Captain Zodiac

Thursday-Kauai

Mauna Loa Helicopter Tour

Car Rental Shuttle to Budget.

Drive to Waimea Canyon.

Poipu Beach Swim and Sunset.

Rental Car Overnight Park at mall near ship.

Friday-Kauai

North Shore Beach Day at Hanalei Bay.

Return rental car and shuttle back to ship.

Saturday-Honolulu

Johnny Cab Transfer to Breakers Hotel on Waikiki.

Waikiki Beach Day.

Airport Transfer by Johnny Cab.

Late night flight home.

While on ship saw most of the shows and ate at Skyline, Liberty, East Meets West, Jefferson Bistro and the Aloha Buffet.

Welcome home! Please tell us your thoughts on the Outrigger Reef - we are booked with them in May and your helicopter ride in Kauai.

dalgirl:

Outrigger Reef was very nice. Room was excellent. Room view didn't matter to us as we were going to have all the ocean views we wanted on the POA. Hotel is as close to the beach as you can get. Two beach side indoor restaurants, Shore Bird and Ocean House. We only ate and drank at the Shore Bird. Many tables with ocean views. You are within a few feet of the water. Great late night happy hour, food specials, and karaoke. Also ate at breakfast buffet, very reasonable. If you want a more upscale you can go to the Ocean House which is just across the hall. Entrance to beach is a doorway right between the two restaurants. Being right on the water there isn't a lot of beach area, but you can walk in either direction to find larger beach areas. Outdoor pool is located in courtyard area away from beach. It is also very nice with a bar and grill.

Mauna Loa Helicopter ride was a fantastic excursion. They guarantee that you will have a window seat and only your party will be aboard. Four seats, two in the front and back. I sat in the front left seat and my wife was in the back behind the pilot. We did the doors off flight. It was a very smooth one hour flight which flew over and along side most of the island. Waterfalls, beaches, Waimea Canyon , craters, Napali Coast. I had done a lot of research and decided if we were going to do a helicopter tour anywhere this would be the one to do. The views are indescribable. This was excellent in every way.

We will be on the POA in May next year. Hubby is going to do the snorkel at Molokini Crater with the Whale Foundation and he was wondering if they arrange pick up from the ship. We do not want to hire a car so he was hoping to be picked up. From what I have read on reviews posted on this site the tour is really worth it.

We will be on the POA in May next year. Hubby is going to do the snorkel at Molokini Crater with the Whale Foundation and he was wondering if they arrange pick up from the ship. We do not want to hire a car so he was hoping to be picked up. From what I have read on reviews posted on this site the tour is really worth it.

As far as I know Pacific Whale Foundation does not do any pickups at the ship. Maalaea Harbor would be about a eight mile taxi ride if you did not rent a car.

As far as I know Pacific Whale Foundation does not do any pickups at the ship. Maalaea Harbor would be about a eight mile taxi ride if you did not rent a car.

Another option would be to book the Molokini Crater Excursion directly with NCL as they use the PWF and tours would include transportation.

dalgirl:

Outrigger Reef was very nice. Room was excellent. Room view didn't matter to us as we were going to have all the ocean views we wanted on the POA. Hotel is as close to the beach as you can get. Two beach side indoor restaurants, Shore Bird and Ocean House. We only ate and drank at the Shore Bird. Many tables with ocean views. You are within a few feet of the water. Great late night happy hour, food specials, and karaoke. Also ate at breakfast buffet, very reasonable. If you want a more upscale you can go to the Ocean House which is just across the hall. Entrance to beach is a doorway right between the two restaurants. Being right on the water there isn't a lot of beach area, but you can walk in either direction to find larger beach areas. Outdoor pool is located in courtyard area away from beach. It is also very nice with a bar and grill.

Mauna Loa Helicopter ride was a fantastic excursion. They guarantee that you will have a window seat and only your party will be aboard. Four seats, two in the front and back. I sat in the front left seat and my wife was in the back behind the pilot. We did the doors off flight. It was a very smooth one hour flight which flew over and along side most of the island. Waterfalls, beaches, Waimea Canyon , craters, Napali Coast. I had done a lot of research and decided if we were going to do a helicopter tour anywhere this would be the one to do. The views are indescribable. This was excellent in every way.

Thanks for the review of Mauna Loa. Looking forward to doing their trip in March :)

Archived