Victoria Katarina PLUS New River Cruising Area from Cruise Critic!

LauraS

• Administrators
We just wanted to give you a heads up that our review of the week – for this week – is a look at a Yangtze river cruise aboard Victoria Cruises’ [url="http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=308"]Victoria Katarina[/url]. We hope you’ll check it out! And we hope it answers some of the very excellent questions that we’ve seen on the river cruise board.

In that light – we also want to let you know that we’re launching a dedicated river and barge cruising section on Cruise Critic on July 1. We plan to beef it up with lots of reviews, cruise line profiles, and even some fun and offbeat feature stories. We’ll cover news (as it occurs) relating to river and barge cruising, and we’ll feature “bargains” whenever these lines offer sales.

Already in various stages of writing and/or onboard experience are trips our reviewers are taking or have recently completed on Deilmann (Po River), Glacier Bay Cruiseline (Columbia River, Oregon), French Country Waterways, Cruise West, and Avalon Waterways, along with the aforementioned Victoria Katarina. We expect to add others as well, ranging from Clipper Cruise Line to Viking River. And beyond!

As we develop this special area just for river and barge cruise aficionados, we’d really love to hear from you. Interested in a particular cruise line? An itinerary? Is there a feature story on river and/or barge cruising you’d like to read? Please drop me a note with your suggestions at [email]editor@cruisecritic.com[/email] and we’ll most definitely consider them. And thanks for the great threads – your excellent questions and great feedback have inspired us.

Laura
Community Manager
[email]Up4travel@aol.com[/email]
[url="http://www.cruisecritic.com"]Cruise Critic[/url]

[b]No one can make you feel inferior without your consent[/b] -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Laura - thanking you and Cruise Critic!

It appears River Cruising is becoming a very popular alternative for a lot of us. Look forward to seeing the new section in July.

Regards from "Down Under" (where we have a few river cruises).....Robyn

And I'll be sure to give you a complete review of our River cruise down the Rhine, Main, and Danube Rivers when we return the end of July.

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

• 3 weeks later...
[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] It will be [B]GREAT[/B] to have a forum where river cruise questions will be answered! The current threads seem to only be a venue for frivolous descriptions and no questions are answered! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

<font size="0">Raymond W. Polone {Eighter from Decatur, County Seat of Wise, of course it's in Texas!}
[Royal Princess (12/93 L.A.-Panama Canal-San Juan), (12/97 Buenos Aries - Santiago);Sky Princess (3/99 Sydney - Papeete);Grand Princess (4/00 FLL - BCN)(5/04 FLL to Copenhagen)(4/05 Galveston to Rome and then back-to-back Greek Islands to Venice);Regal Princess (4/01 Beijing-Osaka)(8/03 Copenhagen - Baltic Roundtrip, then Transatlantic Copenhagen - NY), (5/01 Osaka-Vancouver);Star Princess (2/02 Singapore-L.A. inaugural voyage);Celebrity Millennium (4/03 FLL - BCN); Amadeus Symphony (10/04 Paris to Prague)]
</font>

• 1 month later...
Thank you. thank you!

Someone has just suggested I try a tour of China including a cruise down the Yangtze river and I admit I am pretty nervous about what to expect ,never having travelled in Asia before. Knowing that this new area is here to give me help and info on this topic really makes me feel more comfortableand more excited about this prospect.

Archived