Meraviglia - 3rd/4th Bunks in Cabins?

maehara

Looking to book my first cruise in many years for next summer (last sailing: Cape Town to Southampton, January 1988, MV Achille Lauro. I was 15...). We're looking at a Norwegian Fjords trip on the MSC Meraviglia, and would be taking our 2 girls (11 & 13, by the time it sails).

How does Meraviglia provide the 3rd & 4th bunks in a cabin (likely a Fantastica Balcony)? Deck plans for most cruise lines mark how the additional bunks are provided, but MSC don't appear to do this. The kids would have no problem with Pullman-style bunks, but we'd have great problems selling e.g. a double sofa-bed to them as they're at the age where their relationship is constant low-level warfare & that would be keeping them too close to each other for comfort.

Generally they are double sofa beds. But they do have family cabins available that have bunks in them. I think they are all at the stern and right at the front (haven't checked all the decks) and a available on Fantastica experience.

Ours are a similar age and we could only get a double sofa bed. They get the choice.....get on with each other in a double bed or stay at home.....and if that fails, the main protagonist (bound to be the youngest) will be sleeping on the balcony [emoji3].

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Edited by irs101

Looking to book my first cruise in many years for next summer (last sailing: Cape Town to Southampton, January 1988, MV Achille Lauro. I was 15...). We're looking at a Norwegian Fjords trip on the MSC Meraviglia, and would be taking our 2 girls (11 & 13, by the time it sails).

How does Meraviglia provide the 3rd & 4th bunks in a cabin (likely a Fantastica Balcony)? Deck plans for most cruise lines mark how the additional bunks are provided, but MSC don't appear to do this. The kids would have no problem with Pullman-style bunks, but we'd have great problems selling e.g. a double sofa-bed to them as they're at the age where their relationship is constant low-level warfare & that would be keeping them too close to each other for comfort.

MSC do mark the type of sleeping arrangement for 3rd/4th guest

3rd_4th%20sleeping%20arrangement.jpg

here is another image of the "key"

15003b.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete - I'm now scratching my head wondering how the heck I missed that. Brainfade. Thank you.

Area of the ship we were looking at is mostly "bunk bed or sofa that can be converted into bunk bed". That'd do rightly. :)

• 1 month later...

hay Meahara,

I was wondering the same thing. On the Dutch version of the MSC website there is an extra line written under the legenda, which says all 4-person cabins have a sofa that convent into bunks, except for suites, duplex suites & Yacht club suites. We certainly hope so, because bunks are better for our boys aswell ;-)

**Houd er rekening mee dat alle vierpersoonshutten voorzien zijn van slaapbanken welke omgezet kunnen worden naar stapelbedden (behalve in de Suite, Duplex Suite en Yacht Club Suites)