Cancelling 3rd Passenger on Booking + Question about Goodwill Credit

jrabbitfr

Hi,

Hoping you knowledgeable folks may be able to help with a few questions, since I booked without a TA.

My family was on a previous Princess cruise that was cut short due to damage to the ship. They gave us credits to use on a future cruise with a requirement that the cruise had to be booked by 12/31/2018. My account listed these credits as Goodwill. We scrambled and booked a cruise (3 passenger in 1 cabin) as far out as we could before expiration.

My questions below:

1. The 3rd passenger on the booking cannot make it anymore due to having to take care of a sick family member. Are we able to cancel her from our booking without having to cancel and rebook? Final payment is ~1 weeks away.

2. If we somehow need to cancel and rebook (due to 3rd passenger cancellation or due to trying to get a better price - fares have dropped significantly since we booked), are we able to still use the "goodwill" credits that had a requirement of booking by 2018? Or would they just disappear if we cancel?

Thank you in advance!

You can definitely remove the third person without canceling and rebooking. If the fare has dropped significantly, you should be able to refare the cruise without doing a cancel and rebook provided there is still availability in your cabin category (and sometimes even if not). If either your current rate or the proposed rate is a "flash sale," you likely will not be able to refare.

Worst case, if for some reason you have to cancel and rebook, when you cancel everything should go back as it was....and you should be able to rebook using the Goodwill credit as, if I'm understanding correctly, it had to be booked during 2018. You are still within 2018, so no problem there.

I would, however, verify this with the agent on the phone before canceling anything.

1. You can cancel the 3rd person any time before final payment. If they cancel after final payment, they’d need insurance to recoup their costs. If they cancel for a covered reason, they’d get a refund. If not covered, they’d get a credit.

2. If you are not booked by December 31st, you’ll lose the credit even if you book and cancel.