credit card use at Paradise Beach

Marcys

Hey PB Tom! I have my 12th "last question" for you. Leaving Friday...do you take credit cards at Paradise Beach?

People have warned not to use credit cards in Cozumel because of unauthorized use and stolen numbers after they've used the card for charging. Is this a concern if we only use them at Paradise beach?

Marcy

P.S. Do you have any "ins" at Cozumel Insider? Cruise ship schedule is only up through August 1. We leave Friday and will be in Cozumel on Augst 5. Was wondering how many ships will be in port. OK that's also questions 13 and 14.

Marcys...we accept Visa, Mastercard, Travellers cheques, USD and Mexican Pesos!

I can't speak for the integrity of other establishments in Cozumel, so I really don't know if you'll have this problem if you use your CC outside of PB. I know that we're an honest bunch though!!

Cozumel Insider gets their info the Friday (give or take a day) before each week from the Port Captain, so they aren't "hoarding" any advance info that I could pry out of them! Aug 5th is a Thursday, and I can tell you that we had only 2 ships in today (also Thursday) and looking back over the last month we've had a high of only 4 a couple of thursdays ago....it won't be busy! Bring on #15!!

bellaa...I hope they told you that in response to a choice that you gave them, and didn't ask you directly! It's your choice if you'd like to tip them in cash or on the CC. Waiters worldwide prefer cash tips 'cause then they don't have to wait for ages for the bank to kick the tip back to them!

Archived