Car rental recommendation near port in hamburg

I am looking for a recommendation for a reliable car rental place near the port in Hamburg. We return to Hamburg on July 19 on the MSC Meraviglia (Steinwerder port) and would like to spend a few days exploring the German countryside before we return the car to the Munich airport. Which car rental places are closest to the port and which are most reliable? We would prefer a larger company like Avis or Enterprise but that is not an absolute requirement. Please advise if there are any companies to stay away from also!

Many thanks in advance!

Michelle

Hi Michelle, there is a large company very close to the Steinwerder port in Hamburg: Sixt. You don't have to worry about its liability, so if I were you, I would rent my car there. You can find Sixt in Buchheisterstrasse 16 and you can't miss it, when you leave the harbour, because this is the street you have to take anyway. I hope this is helpful and you have lots of fun visiting Germany.

Hi Michelle, there is a large company very close to the Steinwerder port in Hamburg: Sixt. You don't have to worry about its liability, so if I were you, I would rent my car there. You can find Sixt in Buchheisterstrasse 16 and you can't miss it, when you leave the harbour, because this is the street you have to take anyway. I hope this is helpful and you have lots of fun visiting Germany.

Awesome! I saw their advertisement but was not familiar with them so I appreciate the insight very much! I will check them out :)

Sixt is a reliable German company who have car hire offices throughout Europe. We have hired from them in various countries and they have been fine.

There will be a one way rental charge to drop the car off in Munich.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sixt is a reliable German company who have car hire offices throughout Europe. We have hired from them in various countries and they have been fine.

There will be a one way rental charge to drop the car off in Munich.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have read where Sixt charges a hefty deposit. (up to 3x the rental car fee in some cases and more for a premium car). Have you found this to be true? I just want to make sure we are fully prepared and don't get any unexpected surprises!