Group Bookings

samushy

How much of a discount do you get if you have a group of people booking a cruise. Also how many cabins would you need to book. Thinking about getting friends and family together but I dont think it will ever happen. I'd probably have a better time with only a couple of relatives on the cruise. If theres too many they might get thrown overboard "accidently on purpous".

From what I have heard, it is just the 16th person is free in each group booking, but that doesn't include third and fourth berths so basically you need 8 cabins booked, so barely worth it as by the time you divide that saving between the 16+ people it isn't much :)

But that is just through P and O so maybe check with your local travel agents and see if they will do a better deal for you?

We are about to book a group cruise for next Easter. Yes you need a minimum of 16 adults occupying lower berths (or 8 cabins!). However on top of the one passenger free per 16 adults we are getting a 40% discount per person.

P&O have also suggested we should be able to negotiate a $100 onboard credit with our travel agent. All in all a great discount/offer and I think well worth it!

I will be able to confirm when we finalise our booking later this month. Just waiting for the last few stragglers to make up their mind.

Cheers,

Chaz:)

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention the discount as well, although P and O only offered us the standard 35% which is the same as early bookings :(

We ended up not worrying about it because being a uni group booking it was 4 people in each cabin which meant the free fare being divided by 32 which made it virtually nothing so it wasn't worth the hassle of all having to go through one 'organiser'

Archived