Navigator review

Quick review of Navigator Western Caribbean May 11,04

Very similar to Silver Whisper in many respects. Cabins virtually identical.

Cabin stewardess outstanding and room spotless always.

Buy the lowest category cabin. ALL are identical except for deck until you get to the larger suites which are very expensive and the same except for more living area.

Food and service were excellent.

Be aware of vibrations in the aft of the dining room. We had to move it was so bad. Staff said it always vibrates in the one section aft only. Rest of dining room fine.

I found the variety on Silver Whisper better, and some of the food better on Silversea. Navigator was only 1/2 full also. Older crowd 60+ meant little action after 9:00PM. The dozen or so under 40 set kept the "disco" open late. Actually the bar/lounge. Only about 3 kids onboard which is a plus for me. Bad for them.

Did find the pool service lacking except Brendan at the bar. Silverseas excells here and Radisson is adequate. Fries soggy and grilled items fair. On Silver Whisper they were always excellent without fail and the wait staff more attentive always. Navigator staff had to be summoned several times to get drinks, orders, or refills. NEVER on the Whisper.

Shore excursions well organized and reasonable pricing. Tendered most ports which sux.

Portofino alternate dining always hard to get into which was silly because it was never more than 1/3 full. Same menu every night of the Cruise. Italian Steakhose menu. More like American Italian with a few steaks thrown in. Nice Antipasti bar. Food very good and service better than the main dining room.

Clarita spa was outstanding for treatments, massage, manicure etc.

Therapist was so good I went 3 times for massange and she made good on her word to give me xtra time on the 3rd massage. In fact extra 1/2 hour for free. Really NICE!

No one was ever in the gym except pilates I think. Some staff members working out and members of the lame "show" cast if you can call it that.

Also forward lounge always empty.

Overall an excellent value for the money, but Silvesea is better IMHO.

icon_smile.gif

Bruce

Phylhering: I too, loved the Silversea Shadow on my first cruise in late March early April. I loved the itinerary, but apparently it was not attractive to most, as it got discounted in a big way, and that is why it was affordable to me. I loved the ship, felt like I was on a RSSC ship. They are so similar.

The thing I really liked was the diversity of the passengers. Perhaps there was a rush to bring the Aussies aboard, and they and the Brits were such fun! If only these two lines could converge, with Radisson's pricing and SS all-inclusive we would all have the best of all possible worlds!

I was on the last Western Caribbean for the Navigator, it was off to Bermuda for the summer after the May 12 Cruise.

Tired of Western Caribbean also...scheduled for another Cruise in the fall on Grand Princess out of Galveston, but may cancel and go somewhere else?

icon_smile.gif

Bruce

Archived