L'Escapade Island Day Trip with Noumea Shores Gateway v Amedee Island

Hello,

Has anybody done the shore tour to L'Escapade Island with Noumea Shores?

I am trying to decide whether to do this shore tour or the one to Amedee.

Amy thoughts appreciated.

L'Escapade is cheaper and the lighthouse at Amedee is closed for renovations at present.

Edited by melanoma

I've done both and if you can stretch the dollars I'd definitely do Amadee Island. It is all inclusive, drinks (alcoholic/non alcoholic) are free, the buffet lunch is great, they do a good show, they do a glass bottom boat tour which is free, if you're a snorkeller the fish/coral are better here and you might see turtles and other critters. It's a shame the lighthouse is closed :(

Escapade Island is a different experience but was a nice change from just hanging in Noumea. You have to pay for drinks, no coral or fish that I saw, some turtles. It has a swimming pool, the buffet was also good. There are pay for activities - jetski etc. - not sure on cost though, sorry, but they wouldn't be cheap - it's Noumea after all :p

But as I said, if your budget can stretch I don't think you'd be disappointed with the full day to Amadee.

• Thanks 1

We have been to both islands also but not with this tour company. I prefer Amedee island but Le escapade is lovely too. We did it on the cheap by just walking down to the marina (about a ten minute walk) and brought a ticket for the 10am ferry. We almost had the whole island to ourselves which was pretty special. We will go again for sure. Amedee island has more activities and was a highlight for us as the snorkelling was fantastic and we snorkelled with a number of turtles. The lunch on Amedee was very good too and a lovely change from the ships food. We took our own lunch to Le escape Macca's as the place you get on the ferry is opposite Maccas lol.

We are looking at the same decision for our Rhapsody cruise on 8 Jan. Due to cost, we will most probably go with Shores Gateway tour to Escapadee. Also thinking of using this company when we get to Vila. Only problem is they require a minimum number to make a tour "happen". Usually 6 pax. We are only 2 so need to find others to join us,

That is a shame. Why don't you take the ferry/shuttle across? You don't really need to take an excursion. here is a website with Ferry times. We caught the 10am ferry over and the 3pm one home. It was a beautiful day. The walk down to where you catch the Ferry is very easy. From the visitors centre walk down along the water towards Mcdonalds. Stay on the water front. You will come to the Marina and there is a little Hut selling the tickets. It will open about 30 mins before the ferry comes. You can buy a straight ticket or one that includes the use of the pool and a buffet lunch.

http://www.arcenciel-voyages.nc/en/excursion/day-trip-escapade-maitre-islet-0

You can also take a taxi boat across. We have not done this but apparently it drops off at duck island then continues onto escapade.

Edited by silverwillow
  • Thanks 1