Powe wheelchair rental out of Miami...Care Vacations or Randle medical?

Howdy....

We just booked our 2nd cruise for Sept 07, on the Freedom of the Seas.

We are a handicapped/a/b couple...and are considering renting a power wheelchair from either Care Vacations, or Randle Medical (loccated in Miami).

Please share with us your experience with either of these companies...the quality of their equipment, etc.

We also would love to hear about the accessibility of the Fredom of the seas, we were on the Rhpasody last December and found parts of the ship tough to get around in a wheelchair (especially in 12 foot seas).

I don't know about the other co. you mentioned but I rented a PWC from Care Vacations in `05 & have rented 1 for this Nov. They are a great co. to deal with. In`05 my PWC was waiting in my cabin when I boarded. It was even plugged so I'd have a full charge to start the cruise with. They are great to answer your questions & call you if they have any after you rent your chair. The chair I had in `05 was in very good shape & I'm looking forward to the same in Nov. I can't say enough about Care Vacations. I've recommended them to several people on this board. BTW If you charge your Care Vacations rental on American Express call them & approve the charge. Care Vac. is a Canadian co. & AMEX will deny the charge for your protection because it's a foreign co. Also tell AMEX the dates you will be traveling so charges to your AMEX card will go thru if you have & plan to use 1. I don't know about accessibility on your ship but I was & am on Radiance OTS & I had no problems at all.

:) Happy Cruising:)

Archived