Luggage delivery to stateroom

ccmcg

Hello, Cruise Critic Friends! I'm getting so excited for our trip on the Fantasy next month. Have a question. We booked 6pm reservations at Palo for the first night. But now I"m wondering if our luggage will arrive in our stateroom in time for us to shower if necessary and change? I am hoping that if it's a problem they just wouldn't offer reservations at that time. Anyone been in this situation recently?

Many thanks for all the great information you all post here. It' so much fun to read and I've learned a lot!

If your luggage hasn't arrived by 5pm, you need to be contacting Guest Services. Normally there is no problem, but their goal is to have all luggage delivered before 5pm. That is also sail away time, so if there is a problem, it can be researched and handled before the ship departs!

Moki’s advice, as always, is right. Usually we receive luggage and unpack before the muster drill (which is usually 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm). In 22 cruises that has been the case, with the exception of our last cruise which embarked from San Juan. I believe that was due to poor luggage handling in San Juan. At 5 pm, I went and found the Deck officer and she straightened it out. There were massive amounts of luggage still in the holding area from which the crew delivers the luggage. We had the luggage by around 6 pm even then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

San Juan is the worst port and worst airport we've ever used. At one point the airport was rated as the worst in the US for luggage theft and 60 minutes did an undercover investigation there. I've never had a smooth embarkation or disebarkation at that port....so the port causing a delay in luggage transfer to the ship (and thus the crew can't get it to guests) is no surprise.

And my numbers are basically the same as yours. 30 cruises, one luggage delay beyond 5pm. And my goal is always to be settled and unpacked before the drill.