Full Review of Magic Cruise and Spa Cabins

estillcrew

Thank you SO much for your review! ENjoyed reading every bit of it!! We sail on her next month so very relieved to read a review of someone who enjoyed it!! :-)

I can't imagine anyone not enjoying this ship. It was a fabulous vacation. I just can't understand the negative comments. Even with the construction at Port Canaveral and the rough seas, it still topped any previous cruise we've been on! Have fun next month!

Really enjoyed your review and read every word! We are sailing this same itinerary in FOUR days! I am hoping that means we get the amazing cast for the theater shows :)

One question - it looks like your second formal night was on the day you were in Puerto Rico? Is that right? I always thought it was on sea days?

Thanks!!

Yes, formal night was on Puerto Rico day. I always thought it was on both sea days too. We left port around 4:00, so it gave us plenty of time to get ready.

The cast will be on the ship when you go! Their handler said they had two more weeks on the ship before their vacation. Our ship sailed on 3/25-4/1, so they should definitely be there according to what he told me.

You are going to have a blast! I wish I could go back!

We are booked in the same room for our November cruise! Nice to see positive reviews😀

Sent from my Z957 using Forums mobile app

No way! You will love the location! It is SOOOO close to the Lido deck main pool, elevators, and spa. And, it was so quiet. Don't use those spa shampoos and lotions! They smell so bad! I was looking forward to them, but used the stuff in the dispensers instead!

Such a great review, thanks for taking the time. Soooo, we sail the Magic in a few weeks, we have spa 11243 so this is exactly what i have been looking for. Our dd is 12 and we are hoping she makes some friends. We are super excited to try the spa extras. My only question: Was there any karoke to be had? If so, was there any during the day? Thanks again for your review.

Oh, wow! You will love your room and the amenities! Your daughter will meet lots of children! The girls signed up for Club 02, but they met all of their friends on the sports deck.

Yes, there was lots of karaoke! It was on Deck 5 in the Red Frog Pub. That place is so neat. Lots of people go there and take turns at the mike! They had it in the afternoon on the first day and on the last day around lunch time and every evening at 6:00 or 730.

I hope you have as much fun as we did!!

Thank you so much for your review. Your excitement and enjoyment of the cruise really shines through.

We're sailing on the Magic in November and your review makes me even more excited.

PS - the Breeze (sister ship to the Magic) is coming to Port Canaveral in September 2018 so if you want to sail the Magic from Port Canaveral, it will need to be before that (or you can try the Breeze which will probably be just as awesome).

I know! We heard she is leaving. We will most likely go next March, so we should be okay. I would like to try the Breeze though. The Dream is also a sister ship. We sailed her last year, and the Magic was way better. It was very similar, but better.

Don't apologize!! That was an excellent review :). Thank you for taking the time to do it. We leave in 37 day and I'm so excited! The only concern I have are the rough waters because we are taking a newbie with us and I don't want her getting sick. We always experience a little roughness the first night but nothing like you described. Hopefully that was just a weather thing and not an all the time thing. I don't want her getting seasick :(.

We talked to so many people who had cruised numerous times, and no one had ever experienced anything like it. It was crazy to say the least. No one could walk down the halls without looking like a Saturday night drunk!

I doubt you will have the same rough seas. I sure hope mother nature cooperates for you and your newborn!

I prefer the inside rooms for that very reason I love the total darkness

So they still include lobster on the elegant night for free? The last few cruises I went on were short 3 day ones and you had to pay extra for lobster

Yes, lobster is free on elegant nights on cruises 6 nights and longer!

And, they also had filet mignon on the menu one night. It was so good.

I know your daughter had her friend with her but if she did not have her friend with her would you still have felt comfortable letting her walk around alone?

Yes, I actually let my oldest daughter go to Club 02 and roam around with friends when she was 15. If your child is responsible and trustworthy, I wouldn't hesitate letting him/her roam the ship with new friends! She was never by herself though except when she would come back to the room at night.

Tori B,

I cannot reply to your post for some reason, so I hope you see this! Yes, the spa amenities are available to use right away! You will love those heated loungers! I wish I had one at home! When you use it, roll up a towel and put it under your neck. It will be much more comfortable!

It's not letting me reply either. Weird. Thank you so much! We were on the Breeze in 2015 and the day we were in Curaçao we didn't dock until later. We did a spa day pass and it was wonderful. I can't wait to take advantage of it all week!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the great detailed review. Also thanks for the suggestions provided in the review. Never thought of the magnetic hooks. We are looking forward to sailing on the Magic in 37 days.

You are welcome. It's the least I can do since I find so much helpful advice from others on Cruise Critic. I never knew the walls were magnetic until I read someone's review.

We were on the same sailing. Although we had a great time, the bigger ships just aren't our cup of tea. The sewage smell in our cabin was awful. All day everyday. And the waiting in long lines for everything got old real fast. But it sure didn't ruin the vacation. I'd still go again in a heartbeat. [emoji4]

We were on the same sailing. Although we had a great time, the bigger ships just aren't our cup of tea. The sewage smell in our cabin was awful. All day everyday. And the waiting in long lines for everything got old real fast. But it sure didn't ruin the vacation. I'd still go again in a heartbeat. [emoji4]

Where was your cabin?

It was highly annoying how it was constantly present but it in no way ruined the cruise.

I have read that sometimes the drain traps are broken in the bathrooms. If you notice a smell, people have said to pour two cups of water into the toilet and it will alleviate the smell. I did this when we were on an NCL cruise, and it worked!

I didn't notice a sewage smell on the Magic and am so sorry you had to deal with it. It can be very unpleasant.

I have read that sometimes the drain traps are broken in the bathrooms. If you notice a smell, people have said to pour two cups of water into the toilet and it will alleviate the smell. I did this when we were on an NCL cruise, and it worked!

I didn't notice a sewage smell on the Magic and am so sorry you had to deal with it. It can be very unpleasant.

I had never heard that before. Thanks for the tip!

I had never heard that before. Thanks for the tip!

I hadn't either, but I am telling you that it works! I just found this that says about the same thing that I had read before from Chengkp75 on cruise critic:

"The common "sewage" odor many find in their cabins is not a "defect in the design of ship's waste lines". All gray water drains on ships, just like all drains in your home have a "trap" in the line, where a pocket of water stays (that S-shaped piping under the sink) that prevents odors and gases from returning up the drain line. Drains that regularly see water introduced to the trap, like sinks and showers, do not have problems with odors. However, the cabin bathrooms will also have a deck drain (outside the shower), that is usually either a round drain tucked under the toilet, or a gutter type drain at the door threshold. These drains do not see a lot of water, nor get water frequently, (unless you flood the bathroom), so the dry air of the ship's A/C evaporates the water from the trap, and you now have an open route for odors to enter the cabin. A simple remedy (that doesn't cost anything, unlike the rubber stoppers), is to pour a glass of water down these drains daily. Voila, no odors."

I hadn't either, but I am telling you that it works! I just found this that says about the same thing that I had read before from Chengkp75 on cruise critic:

"The common "sewage" odor many find in their cabins is not a "defect in the design of ship's waste lines". All gray water drains on ships, just like all drains in your home have a "trap" in the line, where a pocket of water stays (that S-shaped piping under the sink) that prevents odors and gases from returning up the drain line. Drains that regularly see water introduced to the trap, like sinks and showers, do not have problems with odors. However, the cabin bathrooms will also have a deck drain (outside the shower), that is usually either a round drain tucked under the toilet, or a gutter type drain at the door threshold. These drains do not see a lot of water, nor get water frequently, (unless you flood the bathroom), so the dry air of the ship's A/C evaporates the water from the trap, and you now have an open route for odors to enter the cabin. A simple remedy (that doesn't cost anything, unlike the rubber stoppers), is to pour a glass of water down these drains daily. Voila, no odors."

I just sent this information to my Dad, we are sailing on the Magic together this summer and he is a plumber and loves this kind of crap (pun intended)!

Wonderful review and it is getting me super excited! But first, I go on the Fantasy out of Mobile (your neck of the woods) next week! Seems like it will be two different worlds, and also my first Carnival cruise!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

I just sent this information to my Dad, we are sailing on the Magic together this summer and he is a plumber and loves this kind of crap (pun intended)!

Wonderful review and it is getting me super excited! But first, I go on the Fantasy out of Mobile (your neck of the woods) next week! Seems like it will be two different worlds, and also my first Carnival cruise!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Loved the pun! Have a great cruise!