Queen Mary 2

owenmahamilton

I am going on the cruise to New York from Southampton on the 25th June and was wondering if any wheelchair users had been on the Queen Mary 2 yet and if so what is she like as regards facilities and getting around if your in a wheelchair, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

on our 3/6 cruise there were many wheelchair users, and all seemed to be enjoying thoroughly. she's a very wide and open-spaced ship, so think you will be very comfortable. enjoy your cruise!

Accessibility is good on the ship. The only place I saw people having problems were in some of the narrower/busier parts of the Kings Court restaurants. Perhaps not being there at the height of the lunch rush would be a good idea.

The entrances to some of the forward public areas where the ship is narrower (Library, Commodore Club etc) are a little harder to negotiate.

There are areas reserved for wheelchairs in both of the main theatres/auditoriums.

I imagine you already know that there are 30 accessible cabins and have communicated your needs to Cunard.

In case you're going to London, here is a wonderful recent NY Times article on getting around the city by wheelchair/taxi.

Bon voyage -- and if you do make it to the Library don't forget to sign the Cruise Critic logbook. Just ask the Librarian.

Crouton

[This message was edited by Crouton on 06-16-04 at 05:49 PM.]

Archived