Auckland Airport - Time from pier and Shuttle Preference

14ersco

Well without search I get to ask a question that has probably been asked many times.

Our ship is to arrive into Auckland at 6 AM on a Sunday and we need to catch a domestic flight to the South Island. So about how much time should we allow to get from the pier to the airport; plus is a shuttle or taxi the best way to get there?

Thanks!

Well without search I get to ask a question that has probably been asked many times.

Our ship is to arrive into Auckland at 6 AM on a Sunday and we need to catch a domestic flight to the South Island. So about how much time should we allow to get from the pier to the airport; plus is a shuttle or taxi the best way to get there?

Thanks!

There is a service that departs from the central city called the 'Air Bus' http://www.airbus.co.nz/ , allow an hour to an hour and a half for traffic.

Catch the shuttle. It will take about 30 minutes. Depending on the traffic. Since you arrive on Sunday the traffic shouldn't be too bad. What time is your domestic flight?

I'm doing the same thing in March but catching an international flight that leaves at 3.30 pm.

There is a service that departs from the central city called the 'Air Bus' http://www.airbus.co.nz/ , allow an hour to an hour and a half for traffic.

Catch the shuttle. It will take about 30 minutes. Depending on the traffic. Since you arrive on Sunday the traffic shouldn't be too bad. What time is your domestic flight?

I'm doing the same thing in March but catching an international flight that leaves at 3.30 pm.

Thanks for the help CruiseBubble and icat2000! :)

Was off-line through the long US holiday. I've looked at the shuttle web site and it looks straight forward to get to the airport. The flights we need just became available to book. Based on your travel times I booked a 1 PM NZ domestic flight.

We did the bus a while back and it was very easy. We were staying next to where the ship docks in an apartment. We had taken a taxi from the airport into the city and someone recommended the bus. The taxi wasn't a bad price, but the driver drove like a bat out of hell, and we felt safer on the bus.