Stella Australis

SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:01 PM.
Rhode Island
2,761 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Does anyone have experience cruising on this vessel? According to what I read on the company's site, it was built in 2010 specifically built for cruising in the Patagonia region. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Michael
Switzerland
161 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
I have not been on any of there cruises or ships. But what I saw when I was touring around down there, the ships are very well maintained. I sailed part of the same area what their doing on the cruises and know some places. It is quiete an amazing trip and very good quality over all. You can go to places which you'll never see on a normal big cruiseship. Also by road you can't get to the most of there go-ashore-places. My travelagent was on one of their cruises and only had good things to tell. I would go for sure, but already have seen the area. Here are some shots of their ships.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Stefan

Past cruises: (207 nights at sea) Details here http://home.datacomm.ch/sniederer/fotos.htm
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1991-2017 Overnight cruiseferries around europe
, 61 nights
-2013 Overnight cruiseferries all over the world, 18 nights
1996-2013 Port-to-Port with Hurtigruten on Norwegian Coast, 13 nights
12.2005 Nordnorge (Antarctica and Chilenian Fjords), 11 nights
08.2010 Akademik Shokalskiy (Ultima Thule Greenland), 15 nights
12.2010 Norwegian Jade (Morocco and Canary Islands), 7 nights
08.2011 Quest (Circumnavigation Svalbard), 11 nights
12.2012 Celebrity Infinity (Panama Canal and South America), 15 nights
03.2014 Norwegian Jade (Greece and Turkey) 10 nights
10.2015 Norwegian Dawn (Caribbean Adventure) 14 nights
11.2016 Norwegian Star (Dubai to Singapore) 21 nights
12.2016 Norwegian Star (Singapore to Hongkong) 11 nights

soon - 06.2018 Norwegian Star (Greek Isles from Venice) 7 nights
1 Posts
Joined Feb 2014
Was on Stella Australis March 2012. Fantastic experience. Food great, informative lectures and zodiac tours amazing. The scenery is some of the best I have seen. Go for it !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums