Belize Zoo Tour

msuweather

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has taken the Belize Zoo tour. We will be on Carnival, if that helps.

The trip will be me, my husband, and our 15 month old. We thought he might enjoy seeing the animals at the wildlife sanctuary. Is the tour stroller friendly? About how long do you stay at the zoo? Do you eat lunch at the zoo or do you wait until you return to dock?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. We have narrowed our day down to either this or going to Starfish Island.

TIA!

Edited by msuweather

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone who has taken the Belize Zoo tour. We will be on Carnival, if that helps.

The trip will be me, my husband, and our 15 month old. We thought he might enjoy seeing the animals at the wildlife sanctuary. Is the tour stroller friendly? About how long do you stay at the zoo? Do you eat lunch at the zoo or do you wait until you return to dock?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. We have narrowed our day down to either this or going to Starfish Island.

TIA!

The Belize zoo is considered excellent

• 2 months later...

I have done the Carnival Belize zoo excursion at least twice, although it's been a few years.

The zoo is really well done and all of the animals are native to Belize. They are in there natural habitat, so you are essentially following pathways in the jungle. I feel like the paths were gravel and well-manicured....but we didn't have strollers....and as I said, it's been a few years. Maybe send them an email, or consider a baby backpack?

You can look at the Carnival excursion on-line to get the start times and see how long it is. The zoo does have a small gift shop. The first time we were there, I think the gift shop sold snacks. The second time, I believe they had added a small cafeteria.

Also be aware that Belize is a tender port. So you have the added boat trip into the port and then back which extends the day. There are places to get food in the tourist village though.