Ocho Rios or Montego Bay?

PricePerformer

one thing you might want to consider is the number of ships in the port the day you arrive--there's a website that you can find that out at (I'll have to look for it and post again). When we landed in MoBay off the Caribbean Princess in July, our guide told us MoBay only gets 1-2 ships a week, where Ocho Rios gets more. So crowds might be a factor. Also, most of the ships' excursions are similar--Dunns River Falls, river tubing, etc.--so check out the ships' excursions for both ships online, that may help you decide. Both places have Margaritavilles, although they are different. From what I've read on these boards, you should definitely have anything pre-arranged, whether you decide to do an excursion or arrange a local guide on your own. In other words, don't just go off on your own.

We hired Trevor Hudlin (trevorhudlin@hotmail.com) and he took us to Mayfield Falls (http://www.mayfieldfalls.com)--all 11 of us had a great time, and Jamaica was one of our favorite ports ever! Good luck in deciding.

Found website for ships in port in MoBay--www.montego-bay-jamaica.com, will keep looking for Ocho Rios website. Try this thread: http://boardscruisecritic.com/showthread.php.t=28756

Hope it works! If not, look for thread "Good place to find..."

Montego Bay is a 2 hour drive from Ocho Rios. If there is something you want to do in Ocho Rios consider a 4 hour travel time added to your excurions.

IMO= there is more to do in Ocho Rios then Montego Bay. Margaritteville in Ocho Rios is walking distance. Montego Bay you will need a cab.

to see a list of ships that will be docking with you-check out th port schedule on this web site. http://cruiseclues.com/portschedules.htm

• 6 years later...

Last fall, my wife and I were taking a shopping shore excursion at Mo Bay that would end up at Margaritaville. We were put on the wrong bus by the attendants at the port, despite our questioning them, and ended up spending a very long and boring day at Croydon Plantation listening to endless lectures. We would definitely opt for something in walking distance in Jamaica!!

Archived