Is Carnival making Military rate like a Guarantee?

Lisa0719

Been trying to check my rates for the 5 cruises I have booked and am finding you can no longer choose a room with the 4 cruises that have military rates available. Is this a new strategy to not have to price match early saver?

I had to call them, the first screen with the grid showed that military rate was not a guarantee, but if you went in to do a mock booking, it said it was a guarantee. I had to have the agent actually look at the website so she saw what I was looking at, but we did get the price match on it. Its been that way for awhile now.

I noticed if inventory is low they no longer allow you to pick your cabin,even if the rate typically allows it. Perhaps its a way for thm to ensure all those that booked guarantee are assigned to a cabin? Just speculating but that has always been my observation

Guest fyree39

I guess it wasn't a guarantee after all. I'd called my PVP and told him to upgrade me from an inside to an OV and to pick my room. An hour later I got my receipt with an updated cruise manager and he'd picked a room right by the elevator for us. Nice!

This coming up cruise is the first I've had where the military rate was worth anything. There was always a cheaper rate than it. This time it was quite a bit better and it wasn't for a guarantee.

Must depend on ship and loading.

Archived