PD onboard prices????

1stTim3r

hi sorry to be a pain but it would be really helpful if someone could list the extra expenses onboard and the rough enough prices? eg drinks? alternative meals? photos? laundry? everything thats not included in the price. It would be great if someone knew all the extra prices onboard so everyone can read and go off it to estimate how much money to save. Can anyone help?

Hi these are some of the prices from my cruise on Pacific Dawn in 2008:

At The Grill, yes you do need to pay for this but the prices aren't too bad. For $2.00 you get a LARGE basket (maybe 30cm by 15cm in size piled to the top) of wedges with sour cream, chilli sauce etc. For the same price, you can also get the same size basket but hot chips.

You could also order Kebabs, Burgers, Scampi and also a few other options, all for around $5.00 from memory. But portions were huge and I don’t think we ever ate it all, not even a side portion of chips!

IceCream/Sundae Shop had fantastic icecream. You could purchase sundaes, regular icecream, milkshakes etc. Every day they had three specialty flavours of icecream of the day. You could also make your own sundae. I think it was $1.95 for two scoops of icecream and $0.95 for unlimited toppings if your choice, so you could design your own sundae.

La Patisserie on Pacific Dawn was where you could order the best coffee. For $2.50 you get quite a large coffee, and they also had warm cookies too for around $1.50 or $2.00. I tried one, I think it was White Choc & Macadamia. Cookie was a good size and delicious.

We had dinner at the SteakHouse once for a $20.00 per person surcharge. You were able to chose an appetizer, an entrée, a main and a dessert. Bread rolls provided also. It was a nice atmosphere with the candles. Food was very nice.

Pizzeria. Prices were quite good. It was just myself and a friend. We had an entrée of herb bread each (two large pieces each) and one large pizza (yes they do half and half, so you can choose two different types). Total cost was about $12.00.

I can't remember how much the formal photos were. I think they may have been around the $25 mark.

Beers were maybe about $8.00 or so each (Coronas), Cocktails around $10 or so. Soft drinks about $3.00. All depends on what you like to drink.

Rule of Thumb when cruising: take half the clothes and double the money.

Happy Cruising!! :)

Steak house was $25 each person "cover charge" Pizza Place was $10 "cover charge" Burgers etc were around $6, chips $2 etc, lemon squash etc $2 not sure on the grog dont drink it.

Photos cost us a fortune as every stop they take photos and are hard to resist, $47.95 embarkation package which included a choice of a photo/ scrap album, then Around $20 - 30 there after depending on what you wanted if any.

Laundry was $3 for 45 mins for washing machine and $3 for 45 mins of Clothes dryer.

Dh & I budgeted $300 each onboard and that was plenty for us 2 and that included 2 shore tours each.

Thanks 1stTim3r for asking the question and for LuckiePuris and Diana for answering them. I have often wondered the same thing and could never find a good answer.

Now I know roughly how much to budget for

Here's a couple extra's...

Memories at Sea DVD - there's a video guy who films many activities, the Sailaway party, theme nights, ports, etc and it all gets put onto a two disc DVD, total 3hrs running time. That's $54.95 - quite expensive, so depends if you get on it much or not

There's the Lido Cafe, which has fresh fruit smoothies and shakes. They were about $4.50 each.

For room service, there is a $3 delivery charge. If you're ordering food from The Grill or Pizzaria, you have to also pay for that. Pizza's were $7.

There were three types of photos:

Formal/theme night - these were $30 each, or had a deal buy 3 get 1 free

Large - larger port photos. They come in a pair, each is the same photo with a different border. They are $20 each or $30 for the pair

Small - the smaller sized port photos. They weren't that small though, and again came in a pair with different borders. They were $15 each or $20 for the pair

Cocktails were $6.75 - $8.75. If you want to know specific cocktail prices, just let me know, as I brought home one of the cocktail menu's.

I also think I have the spa prices, so if you want to know any treatment prices let me know. I didnt get anything, as I found it quite expensive.

Thats about the main ones I can think of, but just say if there's a specific item you're wondering about

For room service, there is a $3 delivery charge. If you're ordering food from The Grill or Pizzaria, you have to also pay for that. Pizza's were $7.

So, if I was ordering something from one of the included restaurants (buffet or palm court.)

It would just be $3.00?

:confused:

Cocktails were $6.75 - $8.75. If you want to know specific cocktail prices, just let me know, as I brought home one of the cocktail menu's.

Bellyrox,

Any chance it would say on the Cocktail Menu what the Passion Bay Breezes were made of? They were YUMMY!! :)

Bellyrox,

Any chance it would say on the Cocktail Menu what the Passion Bay Breezes were made of? They were YUMMY!! :)

Sorry for the late reply!! Anyway, a Passion Bay Breeze had 42 BELOW Passionfruit Vodka, Pineapple Juice and Cranberry Juice. It doesnt say how much of each though

Archived