iPad App

cruzdawg69

Agreed, best .99 cents I have spent! Love with the new update you can chat with people too and get hints and tips about each port with the touch of a finger!

You have to pay for it on Iphone ? Android is free , although I do not think it has a chat option , I just use it for how many days till next cruise .

You have to pay for it on Iphone ? Android is free , although I do not think it has a chat option , I just use it for how many days till next cruise .

I have both versions, the andriod version is drastically different. Maybe that will change with the next update. The android app doesnt even list Breeze.

When the iphone app was first released it was free.

I have both versions, the andriod version is drastically different. Maybe that will change with the next update. The android app doesnt even list Breeze.

When the iphone app was first released it was free.

Is the difference that noticable ? If so maybe they should offer it as a paid app , I would pay .99 for it if it were that much better , I have not seen it though . willing to give it a shot if they do .

Is the difference that noticable ? If so maybe they should offer it as a paid app , I would pay .99 for it if it were that much better , I have not seen it though . willing to give it a shot if they do .

To me its not that much better, just different, more options. They just updated the iphone app, so the android update might be coming soon.

A new app for IPAD was released today called Deck Director HD

http://prmac.com/release-id-29006.htm

Its free, so maybe someone with an Ipad can check it out. Sounds like a cool app

I downloaded it - the only ship listed for Carnival is the Fascination. All other Carnival ships must be purchased. The fee is .99 per ship or all Carnival ships for $2.99 or all of the Carnival, Holland, and Princess ships for $4.99.

No other cruise lines are listed.

The graphics are crisp and clear, but it is the same deck plan that is on Carnival's web site. The directions are written in a grid - similar to a Google Map grid - and the deck plan has small animated arrows pointing the way from the starting point. You have the option to select - no stairs/no elevators or I will walk up/down 1, 2, 3, or 4 flights of stairs.

It appears to be a good app - but it is not a GPS type app that shows you walking and only one Carnival ship is free.

I downloaded it - the only ship listed for Carnival is the Fascination. All other Carnival ships must be purchased. The fee is .99 per ship or all Carnival ships for $2.99 or all of the Carnival, Holland, and Princess ships for $4.99.

No other cruise lines are listed.

The graphics are crisp and clear, but it is the same deck plan that is on Carnival's web site. The directions are written in a grid - similar to a Google Map grid - and the deck plan has small animated arrows pointing the way from the starting point. You have to option to select - no stairs/no elevators or I will walk up/down 1, 2, 3, or 4 flights of stairs.

It appears to be a good app - but it is not a GPS type app that shows you walking and only one Carnival ship is free.

Thanks for the review. I should have checked, it is available for non Ipads as well. Gonna check it out on my touch

Another great app is TripIt. I recently downloaded it for my iphone and it was free when I got it (not sure if it still is or not). It stores all of your travel information in one place, and provides maps and directions for different locations as well.

For instance, I entered my flight to Barcelona, and my hotel information - and it gave me a map from the airport to the hotel, and another one of the area around the hotel. You can enter in your cruise reservation, ports of call, tour information, rental cars, etc. It stores all of the information in one place, organized by dates and times, and I find it to be a great way to keep all of your reservation numbers, times, and dates, all in one place.

Archived