Ports of call with 16 month old twins

JH31115

Will be traveling on Allure of the seas next week!! :)

The shore excursions we were thinking of are full :(

Need suggestions for shore excursions with 16 month old twins for Puerto Rico and for St. Maarten.

We are only interested in excursions that involved transportation with buses, no taxis since we will not have car seats with us.

In St. Maarten we are avoiding Great Bay(the beach at the port) after reading about pollution issues.

Please let me know of any reputable third party vendors.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We took our son on 3 cruises, and the only one that was a disaster was the ship tour we were legally required to take since the Panama Canal Authority doesn't let you disembark in Gatun unless you are with a ship tour. All of our other tours were private ones, which gave us complete control over the itinerary. We were able to adjust the schedule to our son's interests, and we always had the safety of knowing if he had a total meltdown we could easily return to the ship. Even the private tours were still cheaper than the ship tours, so everything worked out great. I haven't been to those ports with kids, but this might work out better than you hoped. We found the private tour guides on trip advisor.

The other thing to consider is that my son slept better in the airplane in his carseat. We used a mommy hook to hang it from the rolling carry on, so it actually wasn't to hard to bring it on the plane (not sure if that would work with two carseats for your twins). One of the private excursions we booked in Costa Rica asked us if we needed them to provide us with car seats, so that might be an option with some private tour companies and you can email them to see. If you are bringing a car seat, please be sure to tell the operators that since we wound up one seat short on an excursion since they thought the two year old would sit in someone's lap and they didn't give us a large enough car. We often run to Walmart for supplies before the cruise, and maybe you can buy cheap car seats before embarking.

Also, please get a bunch of the boxed cereals and yogurts from the buffet at breakfast. You always want snacks on hand on excursions and don't want to run out of food in your room.

Edited by kitkat343

Yogurt is usually not allowed onshore, nor is fresh fruit etc.

Fruit pouches, chewies, cereal and other commercially prepared foods are allowed off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app