Car Rental in Belfast

Does anyone know if there is a car rental company that will do pick up and return at the cruise pier rather than going to the City Airport? And if not, what is the most efficient way to get to there? Thank You

Hey, most cruise ships dock at Stormont Wharf when they arrive here. Your closest one is the one at the airport. The next one would be in the centre of Belfast. You can get a taxi to both costing around £6-8. Enjoy Belfast, I’ll be sitting in work looking out with jealousy lol - have never heard of any doing drop offs but it does no harm to send Enterprise or Sixt an email to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Trying to decide if it may be more convenient to go with city center since we want to go to Giant's Causeway early then the Titanic Museum in the afternoon. Do you have a suggestion?

Our arrival time is 6am and I recently reserved a car with Alamo at city airport. I’m hoping there will be taxi or uber that early?

Mskrmk, when is your arrival time? The airport locations open earlier.

Uber hasn’t really took off in Belfast. You will get some available but FonaCAB and Value Cab are the big two taxi providers. The both have apps and will give you the wait time. Can’t see you having any issue getting a taxi that early.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

We docked this morning at 6:15 at stormont wharf and was off the ship at 6:30. It was 8 minutes and £8.30 for the taxi. There were two taxis waiting. The desk inside the airport terminal was closed directing us outside. We had to wait 20 min for them to open at 7am even though the hours says 6:30. Staff was super nice at enterprise/Alamo and we left around 7:20, 10 min ago. Car is clean and new. I’ll post later on how the day went.

edacb810ce6895aec627dcb407676975.jpg

We docked this morning at 6:15 at stormont wharf and was off the ship at 6:30. It was 8 minutes and £8.30 for the taxi. There were two taxis waiting. The desk inside the airport terminal was closed directing us outside. We had to wait 20 min for them to open at 7am even though the hours says 6:30. Staff was super nice at enterprise/Alamo and we left around 7:20, 10 min ago. Car is clean and new. I’ll post later on how the day went.

edacb810ce6895aec627dcb407676975.jpg

Hope you had a fab day in my city! [emoji177]

• 2 weeks later...

We didn’t get to see any of the city, perhaps next time! We drove up to Giants Causeway and had the place to ourselves for about 40 min! After some coffee and scones at the hotel we headed south to Mt Stewart! Loved every min of our long day. This was one of my favorite ports! Unfortunately we left some cruisers behind that day but they caught up the next day in Greenock!