Dragon's Tail coaster - should I buy online? Wait times?

diablek

Hi,

I'm going on cruise with Freedom of the Seas and RC site offers me a ride for 26$. Should I buy that or wait until we are at the port? How long do you usually have to spend in the line waiting for the ride?

My wife and I would ride in the same "car", does that mean that we only have to buy one ticket (as it says - 2nd rider rides for free)?

I've seen some answers here but they are quite outdated as maybe some things have changed in 2017-2018.

The advantage of buying online is that sometimes RCCL will do sales of up to 30% off on their excursions, so you might be able to get it for less money. We were able to get the All Day Coaster pass for around $27 by taking advantage of this. Of course the disadvantage is that if the weather is bad, you can't really change your mind like you could if you waited until you waited to get there.

When we were there in late December, the line was about 15 minutes long pretty consistently throughout the day - until about one hour before the All Aboard and then it disappeared - no line at all. I have read of wait times of one hour in the afternoon, but we did not experience that.

Yes, one ticket is good for two people in the same car. But if you think you might want to go more than just the one time, you should look at the All Day pass. If you go twice, it more than pays for itself, and more than that is a bonus. You would only have to buy one All Day ticket for the two of you if you wanted to ride together - and that way you could switch off who was in front and who was in back (front is a little better since you are not looking at the back of someones head, but it is also a little more scary since the person in back is controlling the speed and the person is front just hangs on).

Have fun. The coaster was the highlight for us at Labadee and we never got tired of it.