Currently on Fantasia

itravelalot

So how is the wifi working for you?

And when we were in Tunis, on Fantasia last week our cab got pulled over by police with machine guns!

They just wanted to see the driver's papers. Didn't even talk to us.

Still, it will make a great cruise story. :-)

How are you enjoying the cruise? We are doing a 7 nighter from Barcelona in October & really looking forward to it. What did you do in each port and what's your opinion of Fantasia? Hope you're having a great time.

Anyone have any questions about Fantasia? I'll do my best to answer, we have just docked in Tunisia...

Wendy:)

Hi itravelalot,

Are all the ports easy to do on your own without an excursion? We are on the same cruise next week - sailing from Barcelona on the 27th.

Any tips or info appreciated - enjoy the rest of your cruise.

So how is the wifi working for you?

And when we were in Tunis, on Fantasia last week our cab got pulled over by police with machine guns!

They just wanted to see the driver's papers. Didn't even talk to us.

Still, it will make a great cruise story. :-)

Hi!! Was not ignoring you, but as you guessed, wifi is hit or miss... More miss in my opinion. Only reason I have it now is that we just arrived in Barcelona, Spain...

Yikes about the police... you never know what will happen in Tunis...lol

How are you enjoying the cruise? We are doing a 7 nighter from Barcelona in October & really looking forward to it. What did you do in each port and what's your opinion of Fantasia? Hope you're having a great time.

Hi Ricane, Having a great time and loving the ship. It is one of the most beautiful we have been on and this is our 10th cruise..

We are done independant tours at each port (except Tunis, we stayed on the ship..we did it last year) It has been simple at each port to walk off and book a taxi for the day... We have been very pleasantly surprised...

Hi itravelalot,

Are all the ports easy to do on your own without an excursion? We are on the same cruise next week - sailing from Barcelona on the 27th.

Any tips or info appreciated - enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi Racer66, Yes it is very easy... we have just walked off and booked a taxi at each port.. we knew where we wanted to go and just did it... We would book for 4 or 5 hrs so we coud have a nice lunch.... Watch for Naples... If you want to go to Capri the ferry only goes over so often... We caught the last one at 12:40pm by 5mins....Portofino is a must see... Today we are in Barcelona...going to Monserrat on our own again... You will have a wonderful time..

Enjoy!:)

Hey LennoxRooster, we're sailing from Barcelona on 12th October & really looking forward to this trip. We've only booked one shore tour in Naples & that's the trip to Pompei. Keen to see Portofino but we may attempt to do that one ourselves. Flying to Rome after the cruise and spending a week there. :)

itravelalot

Thanks for the info Wendy. Haven't had too much time for research on this trip so far but was thinking of catching a train to Portofino, how did you get there?

Would be interested in what you did in each port, also Tunis. The ship sounds really lovely, so looking forward to it :):)

Hey LennoxRooster, we're sailing from Barcelona on 12th October & really looking forward to this trip. We've only booked one shore tour in Naples & that's the trip to Pompei. Keen to see Portofino but we may attempt to do that one ourselves. Flying to Rome after the cruise and spending a week there. :)

Hey Ricane-I'm on the same cruise with you, well most of it. We board in Palermo Oct 9 so we would overlap for Marseille, Genoa and Naples if you wanted to try to get a private group tour together.

We were thinking about Portofino as well. I have been to Naples before and had the best private tour that took us along the Amalfi coast and up into the hills for a private meal that was probably the best meal of my life. I would like to try that again.

Beth

Hey Ricane-I'm on the same cruise with you, well most of it. We board in Palermo Oct 9 so we would overlap for Marseille, Genoa and Naples if you wanted to try to get a private group tour together.

We were thinking about Portofino as well. I have been to Naples before and had the best private tour that took us along the Amalfi coast and up into the hills for a private meal that was probably the best meal of my life. I would like to try that again.

Beth

Hi Beth, here I was thinking we were the only ones on the cruise, there's no roll call, lol.

itravelalot

Thanks for the info Wendy. Haven't had too much time for research on this trip so far but was thinking of catching a train to Portofino, how did you get there?

Would be interested in what you did in each port, also Tunis. The ship sounds really lovely, so looking forward to it :):)

Hi, We took a taxi for a flat rate to Portofino 140 Euros for the 3 of us there and back plus with 2 hrs in Portofino.. We had a great lunch on the water... was really worth it.. Not sure what the cruiseline does but we are not into the herding around these lovely places.. We like to come and go as we please..lol

This year we did not get of in Tunis. It was the hottest day and we did a beach day last year... We enjoyed a day on the ship... The spice market looked good but really it was too hot.. I would not do your "own" tour here.. Go with a cruiseline tour...

Archived