AFT 8 deck on Pearl

NW Pacific

We were in 8132 for an Alaskan sailing. I only remember hearing music once at night and strangely,it was only while I was in the bathroom! Bass thumping, not loud at all.

What I do recall is that the smell of cigarette smoke was problematic for us as nonsmokers on the way back down South to Seattle. Assumed it was all about wind direction,because I never noticed it heading North. The public walkway area was apparently quite the popular smoker's hangout right below us.

The smell of the bakery pumping out delectables every day seemed to gently waft onto our balcony. The slider door was problematic the whole week- it wouldn't lock right despite several attempts at fixing it and opened on it's own, scaring the daylights out of us ..At one point, they fixed it too well and it wouldn't open at all!? They got it unstuck eventually. I would hope Hotel Director Cary had it fixed correctly before the next guests boarded,as he took it very seriously.

AFT balcony was my dream and I enjoyed it tremendously. Took more naps that week than I have in ten years :)