Kimpton DeWitt Amsterdam?

Planning way ahead for my back-to-back cruises next June July, we just maid our air reservations for the cruise...

So, we are arriving TWO days prior to the cruises and departing one day after...

So, the next step is to find a hotel for those three nights in Amsterdam...

My wife prefers that it be a 4- or 5-star hotel...I like to get a "deal"...Basically, looking for good value--the best hotel at the most reasonable price.

Location and convenience, of course, are also a top priority--a deal isn't a deal if you end up spending a lot of extra money and time with logistics.

Also, a bit of my thinking regarding strategy: My plan is always to book something as early as possible--on a refundable rate. We booked a nonrefundable rate on our hotels in Rome last summer, only to get burned when the airline changed our flight schedules. Also, the plan is to continue to monitor rates...and, if we find something better, we can always cancel and re-book.

So, in searching around today, one hotel caught my attention: The Kimpton DeWitt--# 11 out of 360 Amsterdam hotels per TripAdvisor, appears to be centrally located...and a refundable AAA rate of 220 Euros per night (nonrefundable is only 183--but I don't want to get burned again). I made a "placeholder" refundable reservation for the pre-cruise nights (The website won't let me book July 20 yet).

Anyone stayed there? Or any other thoughts as to this hotel/location?

Someone on my Roll Call also recommended the Best Western Dam Square--and I could save over 20 euros per night using that instead...but TripAdvisor only has them as #170 out of 360--sounds fairly mediocre...

Also, since I haven't stayed in Amsterdam in several years, wondering if 220 Euros is a reasonable price there?

Thanks.

Update:

I've been able to go back to the Kimpton website and improve my rate for June 24 and 25 to €207.00 (actually, it's €189.00 for Monday night and €225.00 for Tuesday)...and I was able to make a reservation for Friday July 20 as well--at €279.00.

I assume that the price increase from June to July is due to July being a popular vacation month in Europe and demand goes up?

Still looking for comments from anyone familiar with this hotel. Thanks...

I'm considering staying here, as well, next April. I'd love to stay in a boutique hotel on a canal but the price is very right for a hotel that seems as nice as this one. I've always enjoyed Kimpton properties in the States - this is apparently their second hotel outside the US. The location looks really convenient for most of what I need (train station, Jordaan) and anything farther out is a short tram ride away (Museumplein). Views are likely 'meh' but it's not like I plan on gazing out the windows that often while in Amsterdam.

Recent review is here by ThePointsGuy (your mileage may vary as to how useful the review is - I've found all of the reviews to be very accurate and I rely on them for picking seats/aircraft): https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/kimpton-de-witt-amsterdam/

The complimentary happy hour is appealing - Kimpton also publishes a "password" every now and then via social media. Providing the password yields different perks at different properties. This Kimpton has offered free breakfast in the past. I wish I could offer up first-hand knowledge now but I'll circle back next April if I end up staying there.

Some other properties I'm considering that appear to have a similar feel/amenities are Hotel JL No76 (close to Museumplein), Morgan & Mees (just west of the main canal belt) and Hotel V Nesplein (also very centrally located). Not all of them are 4*/5* but they still strike me as good values for the cost.