OH WELL..I Tried!

CurlyCali8

Saw another small price drop on the West Coast resident sale on the Fareviewer. (I'm not booked ES.) Called & tried to get it applied, but no go. PVP tried, but said that since I'd already changed my rate to West Coast from another rate, I was out of options. She did say that if there's another drop under another "sale" name, I can always try again. (Oooh...was that a hint?!) :p

Now, I'm fine with current final price & have already scored a couple price drops...but that $40 could've paid for a few more drinks! I wish I could've booked ES; as a first-time cruiser, I'm finding the price-drop "game" pretty fun and enjoy reading when someone posts about their drop. :) Next time...!

Looks like you are before final payment date, you should be able to get all price drops.

Yes, final payment is nearly two months away. That's what I'd read here on CC, that even w/out ES, if it's before final payment, I should get the drop. But, I've also read of others in my non-ES shoes who were denied. :confused:

as long as you qualify for the rate, i.e. past guest, senior, military or state of residence, you should be able to get all price drops BEFORE final payment. Its after final payment, where only Early Saver can get price drops.

I would call your PVP back and tell them you want the new rate since it is before final payment and you qualify for it. If she says no again, go to either a supervisor or call the 800# and try there. Please let us know how you make out.

I found two rate drops, one for $50 then another one for $40 more. Submitted both via ES form, but after doing so slapped myself in my head realizing I booked PG. When I got the denial email, I emailed them back saying that since I'm before final payment, I didn't expect the OBC, just a reduction in price. They denied me again saying that only if I were ES would I get that.

Am I hallucinating here thinking that even though I'm booked PG I should get rate reduction because I'm before final payment? Maybe I'm reading things all wrong... though it wouldn't be the first time! :o

Hmmm....maybe I should call the 800#, if only because the PVP sounded pretty firm that I didn't qualify for a price drop. She said, "there's only one type of rate [obviously ES] that lets you keep getting price drops." Also said that she could upgrade me within my catagory, but I'm already at the highest, so not an option.

I didn't realise that state of residence had a bearing on this. Being aussies, our state is not listed, so we place 'other state' in, when looking for the price drops. I now wonder if we are wasting our time?

Before final payment all rates can cancel without penalty (except ES rate)and rebook at lower rate is why you can get price drops. Keep calling until you get it.

I GOT IT!!! :D Called the 800#. Had to wait on hold for longer than with my PVP, but she came back & said the drop was applied. Just got the confirming e-mail.

Thank you, O Wise Veteran CC members, or I wouldn't have tried again. :)

I didn't realise that state of residence had a bearing on this. Being aussies, our state is not listed, so we place 'other state' in, when looking for the price drops. I now wonder if we are wasting our time?

My home state had no bearing when I initially booked in January, but since then, there has been a "West Coast" sale for Calif. and a few other states. The resident rate sales just crop up every so often, I believe. So perhaps down the road, there will be a sale for Aussies??

I found two rate drops, one for $50 then another one for $40 more. Submitted both via ES form, but after doing so slapped myself in my head realizing I booked PG. When I got the denial email, I emailed them back saying that since I'm before final payment, I didn't expect the OBC, just a reduction in price. They denied me again saying that only if I were ES would I get that.

Am I hallucinating here thinking that even though I'm booked PG I should get rate reduction because I'm before final payment? Maybe I'm reading things all wrong... though it wouldn't be the first time! :o

BoooBooo, as long as you qualify for those 2 rates (i.e. senior, military, residency...) and before final payment, you should qualify for those reductions. See CurlyCali8 below...she got told no at first and called again and got her reduction. If you qualify, I would call the 800# again and keep trying until someone reduces your rate. Good Luck

I GOT IT!!! :D Called the 800#. Had to wait on hold for longer than with my PVP, but she came back & said the drop was applied. Just got the confirming e-mail.

CurlyCali8...CONGRATS :D...good thing you called back and found someone that knew the rules. Next thing on your agenda, find a new PVP when you get back from your cruise.

Glad it worked out for you...

That is great news. You still have more time to find more.

CurlyCali8...CONGRATS :D...good thing you called back and found someone that knew the rules. Next thing on your agenda, find a new PVP when you get back from your cruise.

Glad it worked out for you...

Thanks, I'm happy! :D But I agree...not feeling too confident in my PVP at this point. She is nice enough, but always sounds pretty skeptical/unsure when I've called regarding other price drops.

I was under the impression (told 2 years ago by PVP) that PVPs couldn't credit for price drops and that the Early Saver form HAD to be submitted to get them. I see others are saying that they call the 800# and it was immediately applied.

I was under the impression (told 2 years ago by PVP) that PVPs couldn't credit for price drops and that the Early Saver form HAD to be submitted to get them. I see others are saying that they call the 800# and it was immediately applied.

My PVP did give me 2 price drops before the one she denied today. First one was a simple price drop, and the 2nd, she changed the rate I was under, from the "Triple Sale" to the "Resident Rate."

So obviously, esp. after my experience today, not all PVPs know their stuff. :o

Archived