Norwegian Sky Review- Cuba 9/25-9/29

shdixon

Hey shdixon, we were with you on the food tour. I couldn't have done a better review! I am glad people are sharing that you don't have to do the expensive ship tours, and it is easy and safe to book and do your own tours in Havana. Hi also to cruisinheels.

Hey shdixon, we were with you on the food tour. I couldn't have done a better review! I am glad people are sharing that you don't have to do the expensive ship tours, and it is easy and safe to book and do your own tours in Havana. Hi also to cruisinheels.

Thank you for the compliment. I really hope our reviews lead to more cruisers signing up for this tour.

My husband and I were also on this cruise. We're first time cruisers and absolutely loved it. We were most looking forward to the Hemingway excursion, however, after booking and paying for it in advance of boarding we were told once onboard that it was cancelled due to damage from hurricane Irma. So, we chose the Havana bus tour as a substitution which was a great way to see the city. We wandered Havana on our own the second day. The city is very walkable and the people are friendly. We were disappointed that we were unable to visit Stirrup Cay, but we were refunded the port charges and it just gives us another excuse to book a second cruise.

Hi

I was on the same cruise. We also enjoyed touring the city. In your post, you have mentioned you were refunded port charges from the disappointment of not visiting Stirrup Cay. I asked my wife if she knew if we got the same refund, and she does not know. My question is how was the refund given to you? Would it have shown up on a receipt or some other way? Thanks.