Izumi and Samba Grill on The Oasis

You may want to post this on the RCI board as you will likely receive more information.

I am not sure about Izumi; I do know the dinner menu has a lot more options - but not certain specifically about the hot rocks.

As for Samba Grill it is somewhat similar to chain churrascaria style steakhouses on land such as Fogo de Chao, but IMHO not quite of the same caliber. It is definitely more about quantity than quality. The buffet you start your meal with I found no different quality wise or in terms of what was offered than what is typically served at the free buffet on RCI ships (Windjammer). The meats during the meal were mostly overcooked, dry, and tough and the bulk of the flavor came from the sauces you add to the meat table-side. If you like your meat medium to well done you will be happy, but if you prefer properly cooked (i.e. medium rare) beef there is slim pickings. Service was also horrible the night I went (hard sell on wine by three different waiters after we informed them that we did not want wine and after saying we were full and did not want dessert, they delivered to the table three different desserts). We tried all the specialty restaurants on Allure and Samba Grill was our least favorite by far.

Archived