Aurora Cruise-Saint Lawrence & New England

niamh

We are thinking of booking the above cruise in September 2006. We are first time cruisers and would appreciate any info or advice on this cruise and the ship Aurora. Also any advice on cabin locations (with balcony) would be much appreciated. We also have read so many different comments about tipping-any advice for us.

Don't leave it too long to book. This trip get's booked up really quickly. In fact we are doing something similar in Sept this year but on QM2 (it is for our 25th wedding anniversary so wanted something a little bit special and also Oriana is doing this trip this year). If it had been Aurora then there would have been much debate as she is my favourite ship. We always have a balcony cabin on C deck. It is not the stateroom but the balcony twin. Personally it is more than adequate for 20 odd days and we regularly cruise on Aurora at christmas for this long in one of these cabins. We always opt for the middle of the middle. C deck midships. As for tipping. P & O suggest £3.75 per person per day. This will be allocated between your cabin steward and your waiter and his runner. I don't understand how P & O recommend £3.75 and Cunard recommend $11 which is approx double!!

Anyway, don't leave it too long. Like I say this trip is very popular. It isn't one of those that they will be doing cheap deals on nearer the time. In fact you may well find you will pay more.

Elaine

Many thanks for the advice. We are finding out already how important it is to book early-It appears they have sold out of balcony cabins already!!!!

back to the drawing board......

Many thanks for the advice. We are finding out already how important it is to book early-It appears they have sold out of balcony cabins already!!!!

back to the drawing board......

Have all balcony cabins been taken??? Even the B deck cabins???

I would opt for an outside instead if you can't get a balcony cabin. Use the cash you save to spend on cocktails ;) .

Elaine

Archived