N614 - Pacific Sun

samushy

Haven't been here for awhile. Made the final payment last week. Pulled the suitcase out. Not going to start packing yet. Got my packing list in order. Think I'll only take one suitcase this time. Lots of stuff I didnt need or use but cant remember what. My mother and sister are coming this time. So there'll be 3 in the room. Should be ok. I've booked the Upper deck this time. I was on Main deck last time. Last time I remember how quickly the last 2 months went after making the final payment. I only had to wait 252 days this time - it was 352 last time. I should book the next one so I dont have to wait as long.

Nice to hear from you again Samushy,hope you have a great cruise, I have to wait a bit a longer, I also have learnt not too pack too much for the cruise.I've gone down a deck from Empress last year to Upper this time.Can't see there's much difference.

Got my packing list in order. quote]

Welcome back to the boards samushy.

I hope on the top of your packing list is sun cream. If I remember correctly, you came home with sunburnt striped legs:p.

Kazza:)

Thats right I remember that too now,I also got the back of my legs burnt snorkelling.Had a t-shirt on top and forgot the back of legs. Won't forget this time thats for sure. :D

Yes sunscreen was at the top of the list. I still have the tan marks on my legs. Its a nice reminder. I've got 4 tubes so far. I'm planning on taking 2 for each person and if I need more I'll buy it on the ship. Looks like I got more cruises coming up in the future. Mums trying to convince her sister to go sometime next year. My sister trying to get her cousin and friends to go. They're hooked and they havent even been yet. Thinking about getting them all together and go on the Pacific Dawn. Dont think I'll do the Sun 3 times in a row.

Hi Samushy,

I am booked on N614 as well and just wanted to say hi. Am counting down the days now, not the months. Not too long to go now. This will be my, and my 3 friends, first cruise, so I can't wait. I'm fairly new to the boards but am loving reading them and getting any info possible.:)

I was marking the days off the calender last night and realised that there is only one page to turn now. I usually check the boards about twice a day but dont usually post anything. I havent worked out what time to get to the ship for embarkation. Mum wants to get there early (10am) and my sister wants to get there late (3.30) as she hates queus and faints sometimes. I suggested about 1 or 2. But mum will win. I said that she can line up and we'll go shopping. She seemed ok with that.

The bus driver told me that 1 -2 is usually the busiest. We got there about 12 and I think keepcruising was onboard by around 12.30. They told us 2.30 and later is usually quick. We were held up because of the accident. You can check your luggage in straight away and then come back later if you think the queue is too long.

I havent worked out what time to get to the ship for embarkation. Mum wants to get there early (10am) and my sister wants to get there late (3.30) as she hates queus and faints sometimes. I suggested about 1 or 2. But mum will win. I said that she can line up and we'll go shopping. She seemed ok with that.

I normally leave so that I should get to Darling Harbour around 12:00, this leaves times for mishaps, (flat tyres etc) but if all goes well and we arrive at lunchtime we drop our bags off and go uptown, official start for embarkation is 1:00pm so we normally get back around 2 ish, last time I went everyone had to be onboard by 3:30pm, but check with information desk to confirm. when you get in the queue your sister can sit down and wait until you get near the front before she joins you.

My sister got her passport back yesterday. So now we just have to wait for the tickets which will be a few more weeks away. Everyone is getting excited. Does anyone know how to find out about the shore tours. It used to be on the p&o website but I couldnt find it.

My sister got her passport back yesterday. So now we just have to wait for the tickets which will be a few more weeks away. Everyone is getting excited. Does anyone know how to find out about the shore tours. It used to be on the p&o website but I couldnt find it.

You'll get your information when you get your tickets, you'll have to wait until then as I don't think they've updated them on the website.

Archived