Naples Port - Pompeii, Amalfi Coast & Positano

Hello,

We will be on the Rotterdam Euro Caps tour in May. Has anyone done a Pompeii/Amalfi Coast /Positano privately guided tour while in Naples? And if so could you recommend a tour guide?

My travel agent told me she could hire a private guide for my husband and I for $500 pp.

I really need help on this one because although my Italian is quite good, and I can navigate the public transport system, I think a good guide will be able to get us from one location to the next much more quickly, but spending $1000. on just this tour is not in the cards.

We'd be more than happy to tag along with a small group...four to six other people....

Any and all recommendations would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

Erica

$ 500.00 per person......US dollars ????? Whoa...... seems high.

Actually we used APTours. We had 4 couples from our roll call share a driver for the day. They arranged for a guide for Pompeii (additonal charge) as guides must be licensed. Drivers are not.

Let me clarify. You can hire a driver who will drive you around. They cannot give tours of the various sites unless they are licensed and then they are guides.

So when you are comparing prices of the different places that are recommended to you - make sure you are comparing oranges to oranges as that will affect your experience for the day.

I can highly recommend APTours. We had a nice new shiny van and an impeccably dressed (and good looking) driver !! He made sure we stayed on schedule and maximized our time in each place. We visited Pompeii for our tour 2-1/2 hrs. Then to Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and finally Sorrento. We all voted to take the ferry back to Naples as this saved us @ 40 minutes of time.

Archived