Anyone who is sailing Getaway & is 90 days out & under....

kayjay76

Hi all, For anyone who is sailing on the Getaway and is 90 days out and can book shows.....

I have a couple of questions about Cirque Dreams and Steam show....

1.) Does this show run every night of the cruise or just a couple nights? And if just a couple... which nights of the week?

2.) We have the specialty dining package. Can we use one of our dinners towards the dinner show? And if so... how does that work with booking early and having to pay ahead of time and at time of booking 90 days out? We do not want to book on ship, we'd like to book online as soon as our 90 days out allows us.

Anyone else who has any info on booking a dinner show with dining package any info would be great.

Thank you!!!

1.) Does this show run every night of the cruise or just a couple nights? And if just a couple... which nights of the week?

I was just on the Getaway in September. The show runs several nights a week-two times each night. You should be able to see what nights they perform on your MyNCL reservation page and make the reservation as well. (We initially had reserved Moderno, then changed to Cirque)

2.) We have the specialty dining package. Can we use one of our dinners towards the dinner show? And if so... how does that work with booking early and having to pay ahead of time and at time of booking 90 days out? We do not want to book on ship, we'd like to book online as soon as our 90 days out allows us.

Yes, you can use one of your dinners from the SDP for this show. Make sure you tell your server though. We forgot to tell our server and they charged us the entire price ($35). I did not pay anything in advance. The price with the SDP is $17 pp. They adjusted the price in the final total when we let them know. It is an awesome show-unbelievable! For anyone reading this, do not miss it!

Hi - I just wanted to add that you may not be able to book Cirque at 90 days out. I was having a problem booking online, so I called my NCL rep and he told me that it couldn't be booked until 60 days out. Weirdly though, I ended up being able to book the show online at about 75 days out, so who knows what the truth is? Just wanted to give you a heads up in case you have a similar issue.

1.)

Yes, you can use one of your dinners from the SDP for this show. Make sure you tell your server though. We forgot to tell our server and they charged us the entire price ($35). I did not pay anything in advance. The price with the SDP is $17 pp. They adjusted the price in the final total when we let them know. It is an awesome show-unbelievable! For anyone reading this, do not miss it!

Thank you so much for the info!!! I just have a question... if you reserved ahead of time online... it didn't make you pay right then and there? You were able to reserve your space online, before the cruise without paying correct?

I wondered how that would work if you have the dinning special or say you have onboard credit you'd rather use.

Thank you again!

Thank you so much for the info!!! I just have a question... if you reserved ahead of time online... it didn't make you pay right then and there? You were able to reserve your space online, before the cruise without paying correct?

I wondered how that would work if you have the dinning special or say you have onboard credit you'd rather use.

Thank you again!

When I first went to reserve the restaurants on my most recent cruise online, I was initially asked to pay in advance. On a previous cruise, I was not asked to pay in advance for anything. I too wanted the flexibility to make changes and use OBC, because I really was not too sure about what we wanted to do and when. (even tho they would have refunded me, I know). I was also making reservations for five, 2 were my friends who were going to pay for themselves.

If I remember correctly, I ended up calling NCL and making the reservations. They did not charge me over the phone. I know for a fact that I was not charged anything before getting on the ship. When I got on the ship, I was not actually charged until we ate at the restaurant. (I reserved three restaurants and changed one to Cirque after getting on board). Welcome!

Edited by Seminole1975

When I first went to reserve the restaurants on my most recent cruise online, I was initially asked to pay in advance. On a previous cruise, I was not asked to pay in advance for anything. I too wanted the flexibility to make changes and use OBC, because I really was not too sure about what we wanted to do and when. (even tho they would have refunded me, I know). I was also making reservations for five, 2 were my friends who were going to pay for themselves.

If I remember correctly, I ended up calling NCL and making the reservations. They did not charge me over the phone. I know for a fact that I was not charged anything before getting on the ship. When I got on the ship, I was not actually charged until we ate at the restaurant. (I reserved three restaurants and changed one to Cirque after getting on board). Welcome!

I just booked Cirque for my 12/10 cruise a couple weeks ago, and I did have to pay upfront. We have the SDP, so we only had to pay $17/pp. My NCL rep also said that if we didn't want to use our SDP on Cirque, we could pay the difference once onboard.

Hi all, For anyone who is sailing on the Getaway and is 90 days out and can book shows.....

I have a couple of questions about Cirque Dreams and Steam show....

On my sailing in a little less than 40 days,I can book any day except Tuesday but maybe sold out for online on that day.