What to do in Cozumel

missypriss19

Okay going on another cruise soon and looking for something my husband can do with us in Cozumel. He would like to go out on a boat. He really does not care it could be for snorkeling, lunch or drinks. Of course he would not get in the water. That is his biggest phobia but would love to see us doing something. Has any of you ever done a catamaran excursion with all 3 things that my spouse could also do. He does not walk at all but uses a small manual chair not motorized.

Thank you for your assistance

• 1 month later...

My suggestion is that you look for a private tour company and explain your husbands condition. I have always found at least one that can take me and offer assistance. Lots of cruisers in Cozumel, so I am sure that on Trip Advisor, or here on the Ports of Call section, you can find something.

How about considering a glass bottom boat tour which will take you over the reefs to view sea life. Several tour operators offer this...but PLEASE if you book online be sure to use a LOCAL company. That way the money is left on the island where it is needed. Gracias. I also believe there may be som glass bottom snorkel boats which would allow others to snorkel while hubby enjoyed the view from on top.

I use a power wheelchair full time and in Hawaii I went out on a catamaran with everyone else. It was a snorkel tour out to Molokini atoll, I think it was 8 miles offshore. The boat was a 60 foot catamaran, if I remember correctly, and I just drove my wheelchair off the dock and onto the boat. We went out to the atoll, anchored and let everyone snorkel around for a while and then it was time for lunch. They cooked chicken on board, people snorkel for a while after lunch and then it was time to return. No problem. It wasn't rough or anything, and I had no concerns about my wheelchair tipping over. But I have no idea how rough the seas are around Cozumel.

Archived