Which Dune Buggy Tour?

designgirl

We (myself, husband, sister and her spouse) have decided we would like to do some sort of Dune Buggy excursion in Cozumel. We have narrowed it down to two options.

All-Terrain to Jade Caverns or off road adventure in San Gervasio Park with snorkeling at Playa Uvas beach club and lunch. They are both about the same price and length of excursion.

Jade Caverns is through Viator and San Gervasio is through shoreexcursiongroup if that matters.

I'd love feedback on either that might help us decide which one to pick.

TIA

Erica

We went on the jade caverns one. They had atv cars or dune buggy cars to choose from. We took the dune buggies. We had a lot of fun. I had a 16 year old boy and 12 year old girl.

We also enjoyed jumping into the caverns from the hugest point which I think was 25 feet or so.

I read a lot of reviews on trip advisor and they are pretty accurate. If you like adventure, a very rough ride then I recommend it. You get mud on you dust in your eyes beat up on the ride and the jade caverns have a strong sulfur/ rotten egg smell.

The staff there was great and for us is was a great edgy tour unlike anything else we had done.

I can go into more details if you want any clarification.

Hope that’s helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did the jade Caverns dune buggy tour through wild tours, 2017. We had a pretty large party , I believe 8 dune buggies total. When we arrived ,we waited for over an hour then they didn't have enough buggies that were working and kept trying to get them fixed for us . So 4 of us had to ride a 4 wheelers and the rest buggies. Their equipment is need of repair , they kept breaking down along the way. So in the end they gave us the usb drive with all pictures and t-shirts for the inconvenience. It was fun and frustration all the same. Hope you have a different outcome.

Thanks for the tips.

I think we are going with the Jade Cavern because it seems like we would get more time in the vehicles given this excursion does not stop for lunch or snorkeling. Is this a fair assumption? How much time is driving vs. at the cavern?

I read some of the reviews and there were complains of the water at the cavern being filled with bat poop. Did you experience this?

Thanks

Ours was about an hour driving and an hour at the caverns. Mainly because we were having fun jumping in and it was just us 3 in the group and the guide was encouraging us to enjoy ourselves and keep jumping.

My favorite part of the drive was when we got out on paved roads at the end and could drive much faster although that was only a few minutes. On the road to the caverns the roads are filled with rocks and holes and you get beat to death if you try to go fast. The shocks fell off my car on the way there and the guide radioed back for a new car while we were at the caverns. The new one was waiting when we got out. However it wouldn’t start and we had quite the adventure trying to push start it. He had my son ram into the back of it and push him till it started.

The water was very stinky of sulfur smell. That guide said it was from all the minerals in the water. There were bats but I didn’t see any bat poop in the water. My daughter wasn’t thrilled about jumping in because of the odor and dark color. I grew up swimming in lakes so it was no big deal for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk