St John/Halifax Excursions with a Broken Foot!

Hi, I am going on the June 27th Voyager cruise to Canada. My husband broke his foot this week so it has thrown a curve into our excursion plans. He has a walking cast and can get around (kind of). We were planning to take the Bay of Fundy up close excursion in St John. Anyone know the amount of walking, etc in this tour? Is it worth the $78? Is there another excursion that is fun and more accomadating ? Same question for Halifax...we were going to do the Peggy's Cove excursion...any info about walking, etc? Both are listed moderate walking, this is why I ask. Thank you so much for your information in advance!

Not sure abuot St John.. we didn't go there but in Halifax a lot that you can do is along the harborfront.. that being said.. it's a walk to some of it. Aberdeen tours does a good tour to Peggy's Cove and an excellent tour of the city in a british cab! There are also some harbor cruises that you can book right along the harbor and some excellent seafood restaurants (we ate at Murphys). The locals have souvenirs and tour info set up right at the pier but you may not want to wait to book. Check out Halifax Info which may give you some ideas for what he can do there with mobility issue.

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

One can never have too many days at sea..</font>

icon_wink.gif Peggy's Cove

We have been there and throughly enjoyed it.

If you take the ship's tour, the bus dropped us off at the souvenir shop. From there it is a couple of hundred yards to the lighthouse.

Halifax - it's a long walk once you get off the ship till you get to town.

icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

Hi Toronto Flo,

You and your husband should drop in to our internet cafe while in Saint John. We're right across from where the Voyager docks. My husband broke his foot two weeks ago and they can exchange stories!!!!

Kathy

Archived