Remembering a name???

Martita B.

Can anyone tell me the name of the Maitre' D in the Veranda Restaurant on the Pride ship? I think it's Andres.......he was in the dining room for years but is now up in the Veranda.

My poor 'old brain, like the "grey mare" just isn't what it use to be!

Thanks!

MB

Jane~~~Andreas used to be in the dinng room......loved my Mother and she loved him! I don't go up to the Veranda very often so don't see him. He always calls us, "my darlin'"........in his beaitiful Polish accent. Such a sweet man. I need to visit the Veranda more......perhaps breakfast on the Crossing.

Thanks!

MB

I adore a late lunch outside at the Veranda; then, I stay on, and read out there. I like the chairs, finding reading in a deck lounge more uncomfortable for me. It's very quiet and often, in port, many things to see if the book is boring. The staff clear up, set the tables for dinner and then leave me some ice water . I am one happy camper!

Jane

mcboo~~~when Mother and I firsted started cruising on Seabourn ( she was 89) she enjoyed having lunch in the dining room.....she would say to me, "Martha, having luncheon with a nice white table cloth AND having a nice table to put your feet under is sooo much more civilized than havin' lunch up in that Sky Bar!" We would usually go up and sun for a bit around noon or so. Guests would be enjoying their grilled hamburgers and hotdogs......Captain Leif would come everyday for his proverbial "goulash!" (well, afterall it is a herdsman's dish)

But, OH NO, not us.......we'd go down to the dining room and be seated at her table and quick as a wink, the sweet waiter would place a bowl of pumpkin or fruit soup in front of Mama! The Veranda was hard for her to manage getting there on her walker......and so The Dining Room became a habit for ME......also I dine there to quietly "collect my thoughts."

Sure wish Mama was still here........she did love to sail! mcboo, you remember Mother.

MB

Martha,

Of course I remember mama and her walker (a.k.a. the horse).

I can see how it would be difficult in the Veranda for her.

She was a wonderful lady and I am glad I had the opportunity to cruise on Seabourn with her. and you of course.

mcboo:):)

Martha and Jane,

It is definately Andreas. And he is wonderful.

Martha, Never even a lunch in the Veranda?

So nice to sit outside. (As long as the weather cooperates)

mcboo:):)

Is Felipe now in the dining room?

Denyse

Denyse, yes Mr. Felipe is in the dining room.......what a "hoot and a howl he is!"

As disappointed as I am over Lulu leaving I am so very happy that Karl will be Maitre'D........he is truly an exceptional fellow! And that's where Christopher Prelog started.......

By the way, the Pride has a new lady sommelier, Nichole. We were very impressed with her. Hope she's on board in March. Cute as a button!

MB

Of course there are no favorites on Seabourn--it would have to be a list of thousands! However, we have had the pleasure of being "attended to" by Nicole for some time and have always thought she should be promoted to an executive position with Seabourn. She is a star! Karl is, also, a star. In December (remember, McBoo?) he had a hideous burn on his hand/wrist and remained on "duty" and even joked about it! This was far beyond even Seabourn's (once?) extremely beyond reproach standards!! There is only one way and that is the true Seabourn Way! Champagne wishes and caviar dreams and endless Seabourn cruises for all Seabourn cruisers!

Cruisecrazyone,

Karl was always wonderful during that Pride sailing in December.

Were you and your equally charming husband around the hot-tubs when they decided to do caviar in the hot-tubs because we didn't have a beach stop on that sailing. Karl was there with the surfboard and all the usual caviar in the surf items entertaining a very fun crowd.

Nicole is also a gem. She is a true professional.

mcboo:):):)

Archived