Recent Star Cruisers

Star-Man

I have a question for anyone who went on the Star recently. What time did you arrive at the Portside Wharf and what were the queues like?

I am trying to organise a time for my group to get there without having to stand in the sun for too long.

I have a question for anyone who went on the Star recently. What time did you arrive at the Portside Wharf and what were the queues like?

I am trying to organise a time for my group to get there without having to stand in the sun for too long.

Star-Man, we went on the Pacific Star on Saturday 18th November. Our taxi arrived at our house quite early so we were at Portside by 8:15am. As soon as we got out of the taxi the staff had our bags and they went straight through. Friends arrived at 8:50am and there bags were put straight through also.

We were the first category to board and went up to the observation deck to wait. We went to head downstairs a bit before 10 but one of the security told us we were best to wait at the observation deck out of the way of everyone else arriving.

We went downstairs around 10:20 and realised we had missed our boarding call - they were now doing B so we went through with them. We were on the ship by 11:00am.

Hope this helps!

We got to the terminal at about 10:30 and had our bags taken off us staightaway. Our husbands then went off to park the car back home in the city, and took the citycat back to the wharf. In the meantime us 2 women had a great time window shopping. When we heard the call for boarding we realised that we hadn't received boarding passes, so spoke to Security and they gave us C passes, but by the time our hubbies came back, they were boarding S. No probs, just went staight in.

Our flights got in around 8am so I reckon we were at the wharves by 9. Maybe 9.30 at the latest. We pretty much dropped our bags of straight away at a truck which took them through security and collected Cat B boarding passes. Asked the security and they said that day would start around 11am. So we wandered off and had coffee and looked through the shops.

The called Cat A around 11am and we would have been about 1/2 hour later. Onboard by 12 to 12.30.

Hi Starman

I too went on the cruise leaving on November 18th. My plane arrived at Brisbane airport at 1040 am we were at portside wharf by 1130am. Our bags were taken straight away and we were given card with the letter I we waited about 10mins before our letter was called and we were on board the ship by 1230pm. Our luggage arived about 1hr later.

Archived