Assignment Notification by Email to Pax?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:16 AM.
5,834 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Is HAL still emailing notification of Guarentee assignments to the passengers or do I need to look up My Account/Online Check-in a thousand times a day?

Thanks for your info!
107,552 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
There is no guantee that HAL will send you an e-mail.

Just check once a day or every other day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cruising is a wonderful way to enjoy retirement!
Stopped counting a few years ago -- have done over 140 cruises.
Santa Cruz, CA
802 Posts
Joined Oct 2005
Wondering the same thing, although I know it's still early for our cruise.

Do you just go to your account on the HAL site, log in and look at your reservation?
9,407 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Originally posted by SilvertoGold
Is HAL still emailing notification of Guarentee assignments to the passengers or do I need to look up My Account/Online Check-in a thousand times a day?

Thanks for your info!
(bolding mine)

Well I'd certainly appreciate the company (I've never rec'd an email about my cabin assignment, I've always just found it on the site, after 1000/day checkings for numerous days)
New Brunswick
41,526 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Originally posted by scdreamer

Do you just go to your account on the HAL site, log in and look at your reservation?
Just log in to your on line reservation (your e docs that you already did). If your room is assigned, it will show in the top left hand corner (assuming things haven't changed).
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jacqui emailme Click here for Prinsendam Roll Call's spread sheet for May 5, 2018 - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer

Eastern Canada
2,731 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Originally posted by scdreamer

On guaranteed assignments, cabin are routinely assigned 7 to 10 days ahead of the sailing date or even closer to the date of the cruise. We have had cabin assigned the day before leaving. Save your energy and wait in the last month (minimum) before you start checking!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Louise

YESTERDAY is a MEMORY, TOMORROW is a DREAM but TODAY is a GIFT and that's why it is called the PRESENT.

Costa 21 days; Epirotiki - 28 days; Celebrity - 7 days; River cruises in China, Russia, Germany and Egypt - 65 days; Regency 32 days; Princess - 14 days; RCCL - 28 days; Cunard - 63 days; Holland America DAM ships - over 2,335 days on 68 HAL cruises

Noordam - Alaska, Yukon and triple Denali, July 16-Aug 4
Koningsdam - 42 days back to FLL and the Carribean - Sept 17 - Oct 29
WC 2018 - 63 days to HK
Volendam - 28 days around Japan, China and Taiwan
Volendam - 29 days back to Vancouver
Niew Statendam, Jan 6-21 2018
Pre-registered WC 2019