Civitavecchia - Debarkation/Train to Venice

vtxriders

Our ship is scheduled to dock at 5 AM at the end of our cruise in September. We want to take the train to Venice upon debarkation. The train options from Civitavecchi are limited with a late arrival. However, the options out of Rome are much better.

As a result, I need to figure out what time to plan for the train. Three questions...

1) If docking is at 5 AM, what time should I plan our transfer to leave the port?

2) How long is the trip to the train station in Rome?

3) Would it be safe to book a 10:45 or 11:50 AM?

Are you planning to take the regional train from Civitavecchia to Rome, and then the fast train (Frecci) from Rome to Venice?

Or are you looking at a car service to take you from the port to Rome train station? (If the latter, it will be expensive unless you have someone to share, e.g., from 90 to 120 euros per couple).

I'd allow an hour and a half from the time you leave the port until reaching Termini station in Rome.

Most times you won't be able to get off the ship at 5:05 am. But even if you disembark at 8:00 am, allow a few minutes to get your luggage and find your driver, you should be able to reach Termini station by 10:00 am, plenty of time for a 10:45 train. However, if you want to play it safer (or stay on board longer), go for the later train.