Jacksonville Arrival Time??

misspriss529

Our cruise (Elation) leaves this Thursday and we are driving from Atlanta to Jacksonville that morning. Our check-in time is 1:30pm. I'm sure there will be long lines just trying to park at the terminal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what time we should plan to arrive? We are already planning to leave crazy early, but I don't want to start our trip stressed out! I don't know how to plan for parking time and embarkation. Thanks!! :D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Don't stress! My experience there would say to get there no earlier than 12:30. Parking is right there (less than 5 min walk) and usually they're pretty good about getting you on the ship. There's also decent shopping near the port if you need any last min items or want to kill time.

Driving the same day your main issue will be ATL traffic. We made it last month but on a Sunday in about 6 hours starting NW of Atlanta. If you are anywhere north of Atlanta I would leave by 6am or earlier. The elation is the only cruise ship at the port so parking is not bad.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise (Elation) leaves this Thursday and we are driving from Atlanta to Jacksonville that morning. Our check-in time is 1:30pm. I'm sure there will be long lines just trying to park at the terminal. Does anyone have any suggestions on what time we should plan to arrive? We are already planning to leave crazy early, but I don't want to start our trip stressed out! I don't know how to plan for parking time and embarkation. Thanks!! :D:Dclear.png?emoji-grin-1677

JaxPort is strict about the arrival times! You can not even enter the port area until your arrival time!

Now the Exceptions: FTTF/Plat/Dia guests! Even if you are Priority guest, JaxPort has issues at the Gate Entry Check Point!

If you are Priority and encounter a problem at the gate (not the terminal), ask for a Supervisor. Then if there are still problems, Contact Linda Moore (Intercruise Security Supv) 904-616-4902 And tell the gate checkers, they are not security guards, you will wait for a supervisor's response. If they try to turn you around and you are Priority don't, pull over and wait!

I have spoken to Linda Moore about this issue, but it appears that the JaxPort gate checkers, have no idea about what Priority guest means!