Altun Ha or Lamanai Ruins

cruisejunkie76

We did Lamani and oh so glad we booked with the ship. We were quite late returning back as was another excursion. The ship waited for us which was great. The only thing I could have wished for is that we had more time at the ruins. It is quite far out though. We saw Howler Monkeys in the trees along our walk which was a definite highlight. However the best highlight was the view from the top!

Which cruise line were you on?

hi there,

will be on the Getaway in October.

I would like to see some ruins and I Need some advise which one is better, Altun Ha or Lamanai

Hello! I will be on the Norweigan Getaway in April and would like to see one of these ruin sites. Were you able to book through the cruise line?

We also did Lamani through a private excursion and it was awesome. Totally recommend it. As someone else mentioned, the howler monkeys screaming made us feel like we were in the middle of Jurassic Park. The climb to the top of the temple was great and our lunch was delicious. Oddly, we were the only ones there - just our small tour group. Which made it even better! And there were zero vendors when we were there. This was about 2010 or so.

Timing was tight, so make sure you’re off the ship early to meet your guide

Sent from my iPhone using Forums