1 weeks cruise 1 week majorca

I am booking to go on a the thomson dream next year and i am looking at staying at the son baulo in can picafort has anyone stayed here before??

110 views and no one has stayed here before im panicking now as ive booked it.

110 views and no one has stayed here before im panicking now as ive booked it.

Gerry bhoy, we are going on the Thomson Dream on 16 July for a week and our second week is in the San Baulo. Will let you know all about it when we come back. We have checked out the reviews on TA and HW, seems to be grand

Gerry bhoy, we are going on the Thomson Dream on 16 July for a week and our second week is in the San Baulo. Will let you know all about it when we come back. We have checked out the reviews on TA and HW, seems to be grand

brilliant thanks very much

I am booking to go on a the thomson dream next year and i am looking at staying at the son baulo in can picafort has anyone stayed here before??

Hi my daughter has just returned from this hotel and had a fabulous time the food was excellent and the staff very friendly this was her second visit and she would return again. Hope you have a good time next year x

• 1 month later...

Hi just a wee post to see how you got on at the San Baulo.

Nicked this off another site GB

For its position, atmosphere and staff. We have visited 19 hotels in 10 years and we cannot fault the Son Baulo. Of course you will find more luxury ones, but probably 4 or 5 stars. For us it had=s everything for a perfect holiday, weather was very warm, the hotel very clean, air conditioned, clean white sandy beach and sea on your doorstep. Good breakfast and dinner buffet, in variety and quality, Rooms could be more modern, but they are very spacious, clean and confortable, plenty of hot water, good air cod., modern Tv. We had no children with us, but we could see they were enjoying their stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Just read the current brochure (May 2011 - October 2012)

"Cruises from the UK. There are no luggage restrictions on cruises from the UK provided no one piece of luggage weights more than 20kg."

"On Thomson Airways. You can check in 23kg and take up to 7kg as hand luggage for departures up to 30 April 2012. You can check in 20kg and take up tp 7kg as hand luggage for departures from 1 May 2012".

APOLOGIES POSTED IN WRONG THREAD

Hi just a wee post to see how you got on at the San Baulo.
Hi Gerry, just getting back to earth now. We had a good week in Son Baulo, have to say it was initially a real comedown from the ship( we had been in a Grand Suite with separate bedroom), when we left Palma the sun was shining but by the time we got to Ca'n Picafort it was cloudy and dreary and remained like that for 2 days. Coach broke down in Inca and we were stuck in a deserted car park for 40 mins until the driver decided he would try to get the coach going again, so the mood wasn't good when we eventually got there. Check-in really quick, up to room which was basic but clean, we had a seaview which was gorgeous even on the dreary days and wet nights to look out at, some people had superior rooms which gave them a separate bedroom, this wasn't an option for us when we booked but had we known they were available we would have gone for them. Once we got over that we went out to explore, hotel in perfect location, right on a beautiful blue flag beach and a lovely promenade right into Ca'n Picafort. Bus from right outside hotel to Alcudia, Puerto Pollensa and even Inca and Palma. Lots of wee bars close by attached to really nice All Inclusive hotels. Food was plentiful and hot, perhaps not as exotic as on the ship but we were never hungry. We didn't bother much with the hotels entertainment as it started about 8pm for the little members of the audience and as we don't have any little ones we would have dinner at this time instead and then head straight out for a walk and stop at one of the bars on the way back. After a couple of days we settled well and didn't want to come home on Saturday, unfortunately the weather remained changeable. We spoke to a number of people who were returning to the Son Baulo for the 3rd and 4th year running and a family from Scotland who booked their next year holiday while they were there!

Hi Gerry, just getting back to earth now. We had a good week in Son Baulo, have to say it was initially a real comedown from the ship( we had been in a Grand Suite with separate bedroom), when we left Palma the sun was shining but by the time we got to Ca'n Picafort it was cloudy and dreary and remained like that for 2 days. Coach broke down in Inca and we were stuck in a deserted car park for 40 mins until the driver decided he would try to get the coach going again, so the mood wasn't good when we eventually got there. Check-in really quick, up to room which was basic but clean, we had a seaview which was gorgeous even on the dreary days and wet nights to look out at, some people had superior rooms which gave them a separate bedroom, this wasn't an option for us when we booked but had we known they were available we would have gone for them. Once we got over that we went out to explore, hotel in perfect location, right on a beautiful blue flag beach and a lovely promenade right into Ca'n Picafort. Bus from right outside hotel to Alcudia, Puerto Pollensa and even Inca and Palma. Lots of wee bars close by attached to really nice All Inclusive hotels. Food was plentiful and hot, perhaps not as exotic as on the ship but we were never hungry. We didn't bother much with the hotels entertainment as it started about 8pm for the little members of the audience and as we don't have any little ones we would have dinner at this time instead and then head straight out for a walk and stop at one of the bars on the way back. After a couple of days we settled well and didn't want to come home on Saturday, unfortunately the weather remained changeable. We spoke to a number of people who were returning to the Son Baulo for the 3rd and 4th year running and a family from Scotland who booked their next year holiday while they were there!

Thanks very much for the review much appreciated its 11 month away and i cant wait i expexted the hotel would be a come down but as long as the hotel is clean and the food is of a good standard is a big plus as my wee fella is so fussy hopefully he will have ate so much on the boat he starve the second week lol.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks very much for the review much appreciated its 11 month away and i cant wait i expexted the hotel would be a come down but as long as the hotel is clean and the food is of a good standard is a big plus as my wee fella is so fussy hopefully he will have ate so much on the boat he starve the second week lol.
There was a good mix of food and something on the menu each night specifically for children, ie spaghetti bolognaise, chicken goujons, burgers etc plus choice of two soups to start, something fresh from the grill which could be steak, chicken, tuna steaks and pizzas, paella and pastas most nights. There was only one night where we felt limited in the food offered but it did us no harm to go easy!

Archived