Kayaking Ketchikan - Tour Advice needed

Alaskanewbiejune18

I'm taking the NCL pearl in June. They list this as an excursion option. Has anyone been on it? Do you know who the operator is?

TATOOSHISLANDS SEA KAYAK - $179 – 7:30am – 4.5hrs Enjoy a 25 minute van ride tothe takeoff site. After gearing up with layers, take a fast boat ride to theremote and protected Tatoosh Islands. Have your camera handy for themagnificent scenery and wildlife sighting opportunities on the fast and fun boatride. Ancient cedars, spruce and western hemlock trees add to the peace andtranquility of the setting as you glide along the wild rocky shoreline. Baldeagles peer down from overhead, while seals often pop up to take a peek. Youmight spot a deer or mink along the shore or colorful seaweed, kelp, starfish,jellyfish and other inhabitants of the intertidal area. Otherlife you might see are humpback whales, sea lions and orca or maybe an eaglecatching a salmon from the water! Black bears and wolves have been sightedhere. Upon arrival guides will greet you and present a thorough but quickorientation. Get into your double kayak and launch onto the water. Practiceyour strokes as you approach the sheltered islands. No paddling experience isnecessary.

My other choices are local found through trip advisor:

Southeast Sea Kayaks - orcas cove 3hrs $159

Ketchikan Kayak Co - "along jagged rainforest shoreline" 4hrs $129

The price points aren't that different, so really just looking for the best experience. Our goal is to kayak in the best area for wildlife - up close and personal.

Does anyone have an option on the difference between these 3 tours and the areas they kayak in? Would really love advice.

Thanks so much!

I used Southeast Sea Kayaks for their Orcas Cove tour last time we were in Ketchikan and have booked them again for next month. My husband and I really enjoyed the tour and little boat ride to where the kayaks were for us.