Playa Mia all day excursion?

ws1965

I've been to Play Mia twice through Carnival. At that time it was $29 pp and we felt it was well worth it. It's more of a party-type place so fun if teens and 20 somethings. I think now the price is up to $39 and does not include food. For $45 you can do Mr. Sanchos and it includes unlimited food and drinks-never been there but booked it for our next cruise. Even if you book Playa Mia through the ship you still have to get your own taxi.

Hi!

We've done Playa Mia twice through Royal. The first time was on a spring break cruise as part of a reef snorkel and beach break and it was really nice. Hardly anyone there - lunch was included along with drinks.

The second time was last year on a New Year's cruise - totally different. It was completely packed - wall to wall people and didn't enjoy it as much. All you can eat buffet was included along with drinks and the non-motorized water toys.

Check to see how many ships are in port on the day you will be there and that may give you an idea of how busy it will be.

Have fun whatever you decide to do!

Even if you book Playa Mia through the ship you still have to get your own taxi.

I am currently looking into Playa Mia Beach Break Deluxe through Carnival and there is motorcoach transportation included- or you can return at your leisure (taxi).

Has anybody done the excursion in Playa Mia, preferably through Royal Caribbean?

We decided against Playa Mia because we wanted something more relaxing. My research showed that Playa Mia was more of a "party" atmosphere.. which is great, if that is what you want! We are doing Nachi Cocom!

I did the Playa Mia Beach Break in July and it was fun. I went with my adult friends and their 2 kids and there was enough to do for everyone. We did the all day beach break with the buffett and unlimited drinks. I took my own snorkel gear from Costco to see the fake stuff and the fish. I actually recommend it- the food was fine (not great, but fine) and the facilities were clean. There was a bit a of a line for the non-motorized activities, but not so much to ruin the trip. As I reflect on it, I don't recall doing too much as a group. Everyone did their own thing- napping, swimming, "fun" activities, and that was a day that everyone walked away happy. Definitely think about going!

I did the Playa Mia Beach Break in July and it was fun. I went with my adult friends and their 2 kids and there was enough to do for everyone. We did the all day beach break with the buffett and unlimited drinks. I took my own snorkel gear from Costco to see the fake stuff and the fish. I actually recommend it- the food was fine (not great, but fine) and the facilities were clean. There was a bit a of a line for the non-motorized activities, but not so much to ruin the trip. As I reflect on it, I don't recall doing too much as a group. Everyone did their own thing- napping, swimming, "fun" activities, and that was a day that everyone walked away happy. Definitely think about going!

• 4 weeks later...

We did this excursion through Carnival recently. We loved it ... we are mid-40s and quite active. We had a few really good snorkels around the little fake reef things they had dropped into the water. We also loved the water trampolene and looking at the crystal water underneath it. We also used the kayaks ... really fun ... again on the clear blue water.

The mexican lunch was great ... in fact, we ate way too many chips & guac! The beer was cold and the pool a nice dip too.

All in all, we loved our day. Our beach break included a motor coach. If I did this again, I would take the one without transport ... because the bus left too early to get back to ship ... and then we ended up with like two hours near the shops by the ship ... boring ... would have LOVED the extra time at the beach club!

We are going back to COZ in 2 months ... so while I loved the beach break day ... this time we are going to try another spot ... :p

My friends and I did Playa Mia (we are late 20s) in October 2009, and personally, I did not love it, but I didn't hate it. I wanted to get on the water iceburg, but the handles were so far up, I was not able to reach to get on. Same goes for the water trampoline. I was hoping for beautiful blue water, and the day we were there, it was not so. It was packed with people. The facility was clean, and the food was decent. All in All, if I had to go back, I more than likely would, but I plan on looking into other excursions instead.

We decided against Playa Mia because we wanted something more relaxing. My research showed that Playa Mia was more of a "party" atmosphere.. which is great, if that is what you want! We are doing Nachi Cocom!

What is the pricing on Nachi Cocom? We are really looking for relaxation and are not drinkers do the all inclusive does not really give us a bargain. Just want sun, water, and sand!

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed some of the posts state that transporation is not provided. I am thinking about purchasing Carnivals Playa Mia Breach Break Deluxe - Which does include motorcoach transporation (r/t) all inclusive food and drinks - But is is $75.00pp !!

We're also looking at this, but the deluxe one with transportation and food. Glad to hear the facilities are clean, party atmosphere is ok, we're traveling with a bunch of kids!

Any other tips?

Archived