New Waves Program

07rubicon

I just returned from a Princess cruise on the Caribbean Princess. I was in the scuba certification program sponsored by new waves. My instructor told me that Princess will be discontinuing the certification program in August. She suggested we call, write or email Princess if you found this program to be valuable and want to see it continued. She said they tried to discontinue before but with feedback from passengers they decided to keep the program.

Princess is discontinuing the whole New waves prgram which means not just the certification program, but the snorkeling demos, the rentals, the sales, the scuba reviews etc etc etc. That also means that there will be no more instructors on board to answer any type of diving or snorkeling questions. If you forget your C-card at home, no one will be able to do a dive check for you(PADI only) since you have to be a PADI instr. to go on the web site and do a dive check. So it is great service being terminated. Also the filling out the waivers prior to going on the tour to save some time and if you have a medical situation such as a prescription, no one will be there to try and help you.

Archived