For folks who live in or near New Orleans

yancycruiser

We are driving to New Orleans and cruising on January 14th on the Voyager. Currently, I have two reservations for Friday night and will be visiting that afternoon or evening with old friends in Kenner. I have one reservation in Kenner near the Airport and one at the Hilton Riverside near the cruise port. I will be parking at Fulton Street Parking.

My Question is how is the traffic between Kenner and the Hilton Riverside Hotel on Friday evening say around 4:30 pm versus the traffic Saturday Morning around 8:30?

Ideally, I would like to stay in Kenner since it is about $60 cheaper with free breakfast. This would mean driving to the port around 8 to 8:30 Sat morning. However, visiting with friends around 2:00pm after arriving in town and then driving on to the hotel is appealing since it puts me right at the port.

I made the Hilton reservation several nights ago since I was worried about any traffic tie-ups Saturday morning.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Neither one should be a major problem. Afternoon rush hour is mostly towards Metairie/Kenner from downtown. Coming into town shouldn't be bad unless traffic is backed up on the Mississippi River Bridge. If it is backed up, take the Poydras Street exit. Poydras goes directly to the Hilton.

Saturday morning traffic tends to be light.

Archived