On board before the wedding

I am getting married on a cruise in January. I'm a little confused on what the guests do before the wedding. Boarding time is 930 AM, but the wedding isn't until 1 PM. Do you guys know what the wedding guests do during that time? Or do you have any recommendations on what they can do? Thanks! :)

If it is like my port, you have to be here at 9:30 but you cannot actually board until 10:30-11:00 because customs has to clear the ship. Now when you are allowed on guest can tour the ship or you can pay for them to eat at the buffet. Everybody minus the bride has to be at the ceremony location at 12:30 for a rehearsal.

I'm just curious... If they are allowed to explore the ship how would they know they are with the group and need to pay for the buffet?

I'm not really sure. I'm still confused about it, I know that you can pay about $10 per non-sailing guest for them to eat at the buffet (I'm not sure if they give us a receipt to give to everyone or how that works) and sailing guests can eat free. However, you have to pay ahead of time and I'm not even sure that everyone will want to eat because we are getting breakfast before.

I'm not really sure. I'm still confused about it, I know that you can pay about $10 per non-sailing guest for them to eat at the buffet (I'm not sure if they give us a receipt to give to everyone or how that works) and sailing guests can eat free. However, you have to pay ahead of time and I'm not even sure that everyone will want to eat because we are getting breakfast before.

I think they give them special badges that allow them to eat at the buffet. We will be paying for our non-sailing guests to eat while we're getting ready. :)

I'm making little kits for the guests while they're waiting to board. I plan on including a mad-lib and maybe crossword to keep them entertained a little. For the kids I'm making coloring books and crayons. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Archived